GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   New screenshot from OXM (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99331)

Slim Trashman 01-31-2008 06:35 PM

New screenshot from OXM

http://www.gtagaming.com/images/news/1201829428.jpg

More information in the news post: Click Here

.LiLe. 01-31-2008 06:39 PM

Ohhh shit yess, new cop arrest systems:-D!!!!!!!!!!, Much props SliM!

The_Patient 01-31-2008 06:43 PM

That does indeed remind me of SA. Hmm, I don't think this would be an actual in-game feature, More like a little segway between getting arrested and respawning outside the Police Station or W/e happens

I could only see myself doing this in-game once, Just for the novelty and to see it happen Why would you not resist arrest in a GTA game? Unless it's for a mission o.O

Slim Trashman 01-31-2008 06:43 PM

Looks so, or possibly a cutscene, but you'd think there were would be more significant looking cops if it were a cutscene.

C-Bullets 01-31-2008 06:47 PM

This is great, I hope this means you can fight back when being chased opposed to just have them aim at you and being busted. Great find Slim:P.

Tendercrisp 01-31-2008 07:08 PM

I wonder if they'll make you take field sobriety tests if they catch you drunk? But this screen is cool.

AvatarMike17 01-31-2008 07:20 PM

I love how one is wearing Long-sleeves and the other is Short-sleeved. Very intresting, look like its under a bridge or highway.

.LiLe. 01-31-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tendercrisp (Post 1731664)
I wonder if they'll make you take field sobriety tests if they catch you drunk? But this screen is cool.

That would be so damn awsome, like you take a DUI test, walk straight and say the Abc and all.

That doest look official to me, some 1 scanned it. Who is the Jason guy? Any clues?

Skillet 01-31-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lile23 (Post 1731672)
That would be so damn awsome, like you take a DUI test, walk straight and say the Abc and all.

That doest look official to me, some 1 scanned it. Who is the Jason guy? Any clues?

Jason Bourne from the films and Robert Ludlum novels. :|

phreak 01-31-2008 07:37 PM

You can probably bust a move on them now. Sure there'll be times when they do arrest you, but I remember hearing something about you having a better chance of escaping when it's a lockdown like this. We'll just have to play the game to really find out.

AC87 01-31-2008 07:42 PM

I Really hope they can take you to jail when they arrest you and you can either sit the night out in jail and interact with diffrent inmates (or even make new friends in jail) or just skip the entire thing.

xXSoldierXx 01-31-2008 07:57 PM

:D Oh yeah. yes, YES....YES!!!

Wow I am so excited now, I can't believe it!

:lick:

bennifer3000 01-31-2008 08:49 PM

It'd be really cool if you could get arrested and evade capture by some fast button presses, etc.

The whole "Busted" thing has always seemed broken and pointless anyway.

Slim Trashman 01-31-2008 08:53 PM

Being busted immediately upon being thrown out of a vehicle, or even sometimes upon contact with a cop really killed the chase, same way as drowning upon contact with water killed the fun of the game. I'm predicting in any situation where typically in preceding GTA's you would be busted, you could attack (circle) the cops as they pull you out or something to try to loosen their grip. If you happen to break free, you'll probably stumble a bit thanks to Euphoria (:)) then you can sprint away.

bennifer3000 01-31-2008 09:00 PM

Have you played Resident Evil 4?

I don't know if it'd be a fit for the GTA Franchise but action timed button presses would be pretty cool I think and when Rockstar is looking for something to be very cinematic and structured, it could be useful.

IE: X, B, B, RB, A, A would turn around, B would disarm the cop, B again would punch the pistol whip the cop, A would put one shot in the chest and the final A would be a headshot as Niko walks away (think Tom Cruise in Collateral).

Regardless, I'm beyond pumped for this game.