GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Preview-II from Kikizo, GamesRadar, IGN, GameSpot (And more...) are ON! (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91508)

Asif 07-25-2007 11:04 AM

Preview-II from Kikizo, GamesRadar, IGN, GameSpot (And more...) are ON!

Kikizo
IGN
GamesRadar
CVG
GameSpot
1Up
GamePro
Team Xbox
Total VideoGames
Yahoo! Games
SPOnG

smooth 07-25-2007 11:14 AM

Just read through IGN, all I oculd ifnd that was new was that you can whistle at cabs and I haven't seen that boat screenshot before.

IGN:
"Visually, GTA IV's a shocker at the moment - sluggish, spasmodic frame rates, horrendous pop-up and bland interiors all brought back uncomfortable memories of Rockstar's previous insistence on pushing its PS2 engine much harder than it should feasibly be pushed. "
And this is what Kikizo says:
"And even though this build is five weeks old, we can reveal that frame rate is much improved - certainly more stable since the last build we looked at - so anyone worried about the version shown off at Take 2's conference at E3 two weeks ago can relax. We're almost certain that was precisely the same code that we saw for our first preview, which was already quite old at the time we saw it back in May. When they warn that they are showing unoptimised code, strangely enough, they mean it. Now, the game is graphically a lot more stable, which is why they didn't hesitate to put the game engine through its paces this time with some very fast driving and shooting action around the city, that rarely struggled to keep up, unlike the more, shall we say, 'fragile' old build people have seen. "

Bit contradictoryishly.

Hmmm.
I think it's the same dmeo Games Aktuell got, btw.

Kikizo confirms storing guns in carboots.

AvatarMike17 07-25-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asif

Look at the R* logo on the store, aparently this is in Hove Beach, lots of small stores along that street, this must be the third or forth time weve seen this area.

In screeny two, you can see the WFC and the winter garden, as well as batterry park, and several know skyscrapers in downtown mahhaten, notice how close the Empire State building is.

In screeny three, you can tell its in downtown again, but in the streets, and look at Niko in the suit, we havent seen that yet.

Antonio Montana 07-25-2007 11:27 AM

Screen #3.. Niko in a suit.. SUPERB!

Havok 07-25-2007 11:31 AM

oh god.
its beautiful.
does anyone know if these are Xbox or ps3 screens

EDIT: games radar confirmed that Ammu-nation is a thing of the past.

Quote:

Quick-fix gun stores like Ammu-Nation are a thing of the past; GTA IV is supposed to be more realistic, remember?
then again
R* didn't say it, soo....

Japisee 07-25-2007 11:31 AM

Just read IGN's preview. Seems there's still pop-up in it. That was the one thing I absolutely hated about GTA. Let's hope they'll fix it in the final version, but I don't have a lot of hope in it.
I remember I saw a preview of San Andreas and there was virtually no pop-up there, but in the final game the bushes popped up a foot in front of you.

Havok: 360 screens, as R* said that the PS3 version was a week or two behind.

Hoogster 07-25-2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havok
oh god.
its beautiful.
does anyone know if these are Xbox or ps3 screens

i think these are xbox screens i could be mistaken though

Cutts 07-25-2007 11:37 AM

Wow, look at the two different sets of wheel rims on those cars in that picture, if thats just generated, thats pretty damn cool.

AvatarMike17 07-25-2007 11:40 AM

In screeny 1, is the passsenger of the last car sleeping, and notice the clock, do we get to see the actual time in Liberty city.

swallowed 07-25-2007 11:50 AM

I like the first screen, is that the Rio from Vice City onwards? If so then its making a return in GTA IV.

Ash_735 07-25-2007 11:52 AM

The water looks good, detail in general just looks good.

~Schwab 07-25-2007 11:54 AM

In the third pic, that last car looks like it'll be my favorite :D

Havok 07-25-2007 11:57 AM

so just finished reading the Gamesradar one.
no new news.
just a more detailed version of what we already heard.

TomFratelli 07-25-2007 12:12 PM

http://www.totalvideogames.com/artic...Pond_11883.htm

TVG Are Also previewing it

Duke Lion 07-25-2007 12:17 PM

I read kikizos preview. not sure if there was any new info (nothing really important anyway), but it was a nice read imo. They had all the dialog transcribed. They also had some nice radio commercials transcribed, but these might not be in the final version of the game.