GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements & Feedback (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=282)
-   -   GTAGaming Site Critique? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91464)

Kodo 07-24-2007 01:20 PM

GTAGaming Site Critique?

Hey all,

I'm hoping this thread will receive some exposure. One major thing on my mind right now is how the main site is performing in comparison to its full potential. I'm turning to hear your opinions and critiques of the site. What are its strengths? What are the weaknesses? What do you like from other sites that we should be doing? What could be done better? What are some features you would like to see?

Here's your chance, so voice your opinion! It will help shape the site over the next month.

*Suggestions So Far*

1) Do something about the mods listed
2) RSS News feed
3) Forum rewards system
4) Latest News/Topics listed in the forum
5) Newer, less cluttered design
6) More user integrated and submitted content
7) Converge edgeid and forumid

Algonquin 07-24-2007 01:33 PM

well either start updating the mod downloads or take them off because when you look at it and see the last mod is quite old it gives a false feeling that the site is neglected.

Pothead 07-24-2007 02:50 PM

I would have to say the mod part, cause theres never knew ones (except GRIMS new pack) but.. as Canadian Wolf said that its old, should upload more or take it out completely..

Blazer 07-24-2007 02:54 PM

Maybe another menu along the right hand side(preferrably the top) so you can look at the site at a quick glance for any new updates. Very similar to the Forum Activity part of the page, that way if there's any brand new news, then you can scroll down a bit and read it.

But apart from that I think the website is flawless (well.. nothings perfect, but in terms of layout and features, this one takes the cake.)

Oh yeah, in terms of the mods part, i'd say if you could have it reset after 30 - 60 days on it that it'll say "no new mods" or something, Its always fun with mods, but I doubt any new car mods or anything will be released till IV comes out for PC.

Asif 07-24-2007 03:14 PM

Upcoming months will be much frequent on news. I think, news feed from the site would be a nice addition.

oppar 07-24-2007 03:17 PM

Yeah, an RSS feed would be awesome. Other than the fact that the mods are hardly added onto gtagaming, gtagaming.com is great.

I think you could add like a points type system to the forum. Basically, there's a bank where there is an interest where your money goes up regularly. and you can deposit your points and take out some points. You gain posts for posting and people donating points. With these points you can buy into user groups and ribbons for certain things like awareness for a certain thing, to show support for various causes in the forum (which show up under your rep pips) The QJ forums have an excellent example of this.

Cutts 07-24-2007 03:37 PM

Maybe put the most recent topics into a bar along the side? So everyone can see whats new?

Kodo 07-24-2007 03:46 PM

There already is a right-menu for news and forum posts, its labeled "News Headlines" and "Forum Activity". Or am I just misunderstanding?

Lucky 07-24-2007 03:53 PM

Kodo is right, thats how I fount out GTAG has a forums. I think perhaps a new color scheme would help make the site look more updated, but on second fault, scratch that because I like the current one.

Perhaps get rid of the Latest Files box underneath the Forum Activity one.

oppar 07-24-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodo
There already is a right-menu for news and forum posts, its labeled "News Headlines" and "Forum Activity". Or am I just misunderstanding?

I think he means in the forum. So when you're browsing, there's like a little box on the left hand side with links to say the newest posts or other parts of the forum.

Kodo 07-24-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5tatic
I think he means in the forum. So when you're browsing, there's like a little box on the left hand side with links to say the newest posts or other parts of the forum.

Oh I see, that's a great idea.

Tim 07-24-2007 04:15 PM

i did suggest that too, but thought it was only suggestions for the gtagaming site, not the forum, so deleted my post. A mac style dock on the right/left would be good too with quick links or recent posts etc.

T-Virus 07-24-2007 05:12 PM

How about adding a SA:MP forum. This has been suggested a lot of times, and it could have potential. A lot of us are playing it, and it got back online today after the shutdown. We could make a clan, server etc.

Kodo 07-24-2007 05:25 PM

I appreciate the ideas, but let's try to steer it back on track for site improvements rather than forum.

Follow 07-24-2007 06:10 PM

maybe link the "login" button on top of the page linked to gtag forums instead of the edge forums?
cause i think if you want to leave a message on one of the articles you have to login into edge and not the GTAG forums, so maybe try and do something with that..if im making sense :P