GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Preview from Games Aktuell (Germany) (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91326)

Asif 07-21-2007 01:33 AM

Preview from Games Aktuell (Germany)

Yes, this is the actual one.

Some points retrieved so far are...(probably more to come)

Quote:

- The taxi drivers will play a significant roll into the gameplay. If Niko wants to go to point B, from point A, on the map, he can take the ride with just a push of a button.

- This time, taxi-drivers will fulfill some special wishes for the Player. If Niko feels hungry, the Yellow Cab will drive him to the next Food restaurant. If Niko is hurt, then the taxi-driver will drive to the nearest hospital. So, each place is reachable, by taxi, in a matter of few seconds.

- Though, you can't take the taxi ride, while police are after you.

- Police will appear on the map as 'dots', while they are on search for you.

- Niko Bellic uses his mobile phone and the Internet, on regular basis.

- On the street of LC, the reporters saw - Ferrari, Volkswagen Jetta, BMWs, Mustangs, delivery vans, SUV's, garbage truck.

- Niko's mobile phone is a phone, messenger, Organizer, photo camera and GPS - all in one.

- The map will have GPS, which shows you the best way (will be colored in Yellow) towards your target.

- Improved target system with different hitzones.

- For the first time, Niko can be steered in all directions, while the past GTAs allowed the character to move only at 8 directions.

- Drive-bys, naturally, is going to be another returning feature for the game. This time, you won't get unnoticed of all the emotions running, on the main character's face, during the whole action.

- Hot-wiring a car takes about 3 seconds.

- In the mission, which involves the killing of the Lawyer Mr. Goldberg, there is a dialogue between him and Niko (after Niko pulled out his gun).
Goldberg says: I dont fear guns. You know, guns dont kill people - Videogames kill people.

- The following shootout with the police is one of the best ever in a GTA-game according to the magazine. You have to cover and shoot while things fly through the room from the bullets. One policeman even fell down the escalator when they shoot him in the knee.

- The girl, on the artwork with lollipop, is named Lola and she is available for special hours.
Thanks to GTA-Xtreme.de.

Digital Screenshots and Video from the content of the DVD. (Courtesy of LSD from GTAReactor.de)

Scans:
Downloadable in Zip file from Matt's Blog

Thumbnails:

Bfett21 07-21-2007 01:39 AM

anything about the DVD?

The Dave 07-21-2007 01:40 AM

@Asif: Thanks for the information.

Sounds very Good.

Xan 07-21-2007 01:42 AM

I'm just outright confused right now. Some information is better than no information i guess

cox 07-21-2007 01:44 AM

So no dogs, eh?

Xan 07-21-2007 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cox
So no dogs, eh?

As far as i know that article is fake. Plus dogs would make too much bad media attention

Asif 07-21-2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bfett21
anything about the DVD?

Nothing special about the DVD. It has some footages of the New York, and the trailer #1 and #2.

cox 07-21-2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
As far as i know that article is fake. Plus dogs would make too much bad media attention

Not to mention ruin gameplay in general. (imo)

Lettermaniac 07-21-2007 02:07 AM

Aye. I wouldn't like dogs.

Not much groundbreaking info here, but it's nice to find out the lollipop girl is called Lola.

Also, sounds like the taxi is going to be extremely handy this time. Nice!

ZCAB 07-21-2007 02:23 AM

Jesus, what's all this shit about dogs?

Fact is, if anything in a videogame tries to kill me, I will fucking try to kill it back, whether it's men, women, children, animals, cripples, whatever. Therefore, I really don't see a problem with killing agressive attack dogs in a GTA game. We've been killing them since Wolfenstein 3D fifteen years ago, anyway.

victim 07-21-2007 03:30 AM

Quote:

- In an interview with Niko, he says he is looking for the Pizzaboy. (excuse me!)
I can only assume that this means Niko's interview with Goldberg?

numba1kkilla_oj 07-21-2007 03:34 AM

the real news to me here is about the taxi drivers, the fact the the girls name is lola isn't really big to me, and i didn't really want dogs to be in the game too, better chance of getting caught if they can smeel your scent

Asif 07-21-2007 03:48 AM

The scans of the 10-page preview are available at gtaengine.de. No new screens, but some are with bigger resolution than in previous previews, so there are scope for more details to notice.

Bfett21 07-21-2007 04:00 AM

looking at the scans, i saw some new pics. guy in the hoodie looks good

so far this is shaping up to be a nice GTA game

Asif 07-21-2007 04:02 AM

Yeah, I just noticed some corpse laying on the ground. The same image from older previews, but that was cropped back then.
http://daskornik.da.funpic.de/upload...Bild%20036.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by victim
I can only assume that this means Niko's interview with Goldberg?

Just found it was the reporters 'making' the interview by themselves, poor humor, to be honest. I am cutting it out from the listed info.
Also, thanks for posting the News. ;)