OXM September 07 - cover story
Mostly old info but...
- Francis McCreary, a corrupt police officer, knows that Nikko committed a felony and instead of turning him in, he asks Nikko for a favor. he wants him to kill a lawyer, Mr. Goldberg (this could lead to a bigger part of the story)
- cell phones play a big part in GTA IV. it's one of the main ways to navigate through the city.
- it's "rumored" that a flamethrower and rocket launcher will be in the game.
- you'll access multiplayer from your cell phone while playing the game.
- you can go to internet cafes. in one particular mission, Nikko sent a resume over the internet to the people he's about to kill.
- if you ride in a cab as a way to get to wherever you're going, it switches to first person view.
- the A.I. of the pedestrians are much, much more life like. for example, if you stare at someone for to long, they'll ask you what you're looking at, in a not so very nice way.
- you will be able to visit the "Statue of Happiness" aka the Statue of Liberty.
- the 9/11 terrorist attacks and Ground Zero will not be mentioned nor referenced anywhere in GTA IV.
- the wanted level system has been tweaked a bit. now instead of just getting wanted stars, a radius appears around you, which you can see on your mini map when you commit a crime such as killing in the open, etc. the more stars you get, the bigger the radius is. once you're out of the radius the wanted stars will disappear. if you're close to being out of the radius and a police officer spots you, a new radius will appear at your current position and you'll have to continue running until you're out of the new radius.
- you'll be able to hotwire "certain" cars. now when you hijack a car, Nikko will smash his elbow through a window instead of just throwing the person out and jumping in the car.
This really sucks. I was hoping that they'd reference 9/11 and shit on the idiots who use the tragedy for their own gain and sympathy. The game won't be bad with its absence, but it's certainly disappointing.
Yeah, it's all already covered in the previous reviews. And, how come is it September issue already?
That's what it says at neogaf! I only copied what he said!
Hmm...I just checked at NeoGAF forums. The guy hasn't provided any scan of the issue.
However, it's not really misleading at the moment, because all infos are already known.
Scans are not allowed at gaf if it's American scans.
OK, this might sound stupid, but does this mean that 9/11 never existed in GTAIV?
I know but this thread is now really confusing me. boo hoo to tony the tiger. wwwwhhhhhhhhaaaaaahhnnnn
9/11 attack and ground zero won't be referenced at all...
No there is nothing similiar to 9/11 in the game...
Why would there be? GTA has enough controversy as is
I thought Houser said it will be mentioned at some point in the story? I'm refering to 9/11 here as some info has already been mentioned about it. Oh well if they have decided to scrap it then fair do's, they know the New York council is watching them.
Thank God, hildog and jenny g. would have had a blessing taking out GTA. FOREVER
Well we should think of it like this. Its Liberty City not New York. Its not the same place. In GTA IV we are not playing in New York. Its Liberty City. Remember that.
Great point man, lets keep LC to LC, and NYC to NYC.
It was said in an earlier interview though with Dan Houser, that 9/11 has happened in Liberty City but for different reasons (Probly Australian-American war) and that the building was nearly re-built in 2007s Liberty City. The only reason I think they could of scrapped it is because people wouldn't like a serious event like that mocked in a game.
True, true, thanks ash
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 AM.|