GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Preview from Official PlayStation Magazine Australia - August Issue (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90870)

Asif 07-12-2007 11:57 PM

Preview from Official PlayStation Magazine Australia - August Issue

5-page preview...

Quote:

- Cops now can crouch to improve their accuracy for the long-range shot at you.
- Like in San Andreas, eating and sleeping will allow you to recharge your health, though you won't find any health pick-up floating around the city.
- Though no countryside element to appear in GTA IV, Central park's immense size will offer a variety of off-road gestures.
- Cars which are locked is going to take a lot of time than before to sit in. Also, it increases the tension significantly when you're on the run from cops and deciding whether you are going to jack in the car.
- Niko's phone will have his contact list, A daily calendar & organizer (through it, perhaps, you can choose for whom and when you want go for a mission), text messaging, camera and multiplayer option.
Credits to goholden1 from GTAForums for the scans.

monkio 07-13-2007 12:05 AM

Nevermind, i figured everything out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by
- Police crouch to increase accuracy
-Niko's mobile phone is also used as portal to multiplayer
-Eating and sleeping will recharge your health, however, there will be no more health pick-ups (realism)
-Stealing a car takes alot more time.

Asif 07-13-2007 12:46 AM

The eating+sleeping is brand new to me.

Lettermaniac 07-13-2007 12:48 AM

Sounds like the cellphone will replace the start menu entirely.

The top Don 07-13-2007 04:59 AM

looks good

numba1kkilla_oj 07-13-2007 08:12 AM

pretty good stuff, thnx for posting

Asif 07-13-2007 09:04 AM

Most of the preview were already already covered with GamesTM and Play, there are only few new to mention,

- Cops now can crouch to improve his accuracy for the long-range shot at you.
- Like in San Andreas, eating and sleeping will allow you to recharge your health, though you won't find any health pick-up floating around the city.
- Though no countryside element to appear in GTA IV, Central park's immense size will offer a variety of off-road gestures.
- Cars which are locked is going to take a lot of time than before to sit in. Also, it increases the tension significantly when you're on the run from cops and deciding whether you are going to jack in the car.

Lettermaniac 07-13-2007 08:30 PM

Wait... eating and sleeping? Hmm.

Maybe you can go back to your safe house and take a nap. I'd imagine something like, when you approach your bed it will give you a button to push to sleep. You wake up (after a black screen appears for a couple of seconds, a la after dying) with recharged health and at a completely different time of the day.

Slim Trashman 07-13-2007 08:37 PM

Yeah I thought eating was out.. and strangely enough, it was discussed in earlier previews how clothing wouldn't be as diverse as San Andreas, but it sure sounds like San Andreas, San Andreas and beyond even.

Edit: Woah, I completely looked over "sleeping". That's.. crazeh!

Lettermaniac 07-13-2007 08:53 PM

I'll have to head down to the bookshop, they'll probably have this magazine.

Also, I hadn't heard anything about Central Park, so knowing that a huge version of it will be included is relieving.

Xan 07-13-2007 08:58 PM

Ah good sleeping

As long as we get to choose when to wake up, it will be a nice way to skip the time while your waiting on a call,mission etc

Slim Trashman 07-13-2007 09:01 PM

I'm thinking it'll be like game saving, time advances 6 hours.

The_Patient 07-13-2007 09:14 PM

Central Park shall be fun indeed, But i'm not too keen on the eating returning though I didnt really like it in SA. It was a touch too far in the simulation direction.

Sleeping should be an improvement though because it just makes saving more realistic than bringing up a menu, makes the player a more integral part of the world.

Lettermaniac 07-13-2007 09:26 PM

Hmm, I have doubts eating will be completely necessary, like it was in SA. I think it will be like Vice City's style, just pop into a eatery to replenish your health if you want. That was a helpful and simple feature, whereas San An's style did get annoying.

Nediar 07-13-2007 09:32 PM

Would be nice if the sleep feature was like Oblivion, move a slider to how many hours you want to sleep.

Would be useful as missions are strongly based on time in this game so you can choose to wake up a few hours early to drive there.