GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Preview from Games Magazine (UK) and 360 Magazine (UK) - July issue (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89585)

Asif 06-17-2007 08:29 AM

Preview from Games Magazine (UK) and 360 Magazine (UK) - July issue

Noticed these 2 being put up on Matt's blog recently. Obviously no big new info you can expect from them at this time. But the previews were really nice read.

Here are the magnet parts from the previews.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Games Magazine (UK)
- peds chatting on mobile phones, clutching grocery bags, chatting in groups and throwing a few cautious glances in Niko's direction.
- With the lighting and soft shadows that RAGE throws around with ease, a casual walk from "A" to "B" looks like a scene from a movie.
- After a slick hotwiring job, Niko cruises around Broker while R* manipulates the camera to show off the re-modelled driving engine. The vehicle suspension now reacts to every bump in the road, the light reflects and refracts faultlessly over the chassis. It's like watching a movie. And this was while driving at 20 MPH. We can only imagine how incredible a spectacle GTA IV will be when neck deep in a high-speed police chase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360 Magazine (UK)
The carjacking that we witnessed involved smashing the driver's door window and reaching inside the car to unlock it. R* promised us that other cars would prove far more difficult to penetrate and that the police would be far savvier when it came to spotting stolen vehicles. Broken windows will get you noticed in Liberty City.

Games magazine scans
360 Magazine scan

ZCAB 06-17-2007 08:55 AM

Sounds good, I just so fucking hope it runs at 60 fps.

Mjuboy 06-17-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

And this was while driving at 20 MPH.
Could this be a hint for a speedometer?

Lettermaniac 06-17-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

...and throwing a few cautious glances in Niko's direction.
The AI peds are actually going to have intelligence this time!

Also, this weekend weren't we meant to get a huge preview from Play magazine? Or is that the next weeknd?

Slim Trashman 06-17-2007 10:45 PM

Thanks for this, Asif. Nothing new here, few great small details though!

Himuro 06-17-2007 11:43 PM

Wait. So if you smash a window you'll likely get cops on your tail? This means that almost every time you jack a car, no matter if a cop sees you steal it or not, police may chase after you because you were so indiscreet when it came to showing you stole that car.

Asif 06-17-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjuboy
Could this be a hint for a speedometer?

They were making an assumption of the speed may be; otherwise they would've mentioned if they saw the speedometer on the HUD, or from the interior of the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
Also, this weekend weren't we meant to get a huge preview from Play magazine? Or is that the next weeknd?

It is already out. [Thread]. Sadly, nothing huge from them, though less frustrating than its June issue.

FG 06-17-2007 11:51 PM

@Asif...thanks for the heads up on that,the June issue was frustrating:mad:

Lettermaniac 06-17-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asif
It is already out. [Thread]. Sadly, nothing huge from them, though less frustrating than its June issue.

I could have sworn I posted in that :P Anyway, that is dissapointing. I thought the Play magazine article was supposed to be an all - new one.

victim 06-18-2007 12:40 AM

Edit: Posted in the wrong thread :/

The info from 360 Magazine (UK) is definitely interesting though, this sort of realism is the good kind, I just don't want to be pulled over for driving over the speed limit.

FireFox2 06-18-2007 04:15 AM

As long as it run's at 60fps an don't make me wait way till the weekend for a huge preview,I'll go nut's if not so,lol.

FireFox2 06-18-2007 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil
aww come on... stop bitching about 60fps... look at your fucking TV, it runs 24fps, or a little more. Does that appear choppy?! no, good, now go shuff that 'spoiled little kid' feeling down a bag or something!

I could do as you suggest,but I'm not alone in this( Zcab also likes 60fps). An I'm afraid your bag would be so full it could make you wabble a bit:P

Ash_735 06-18-2007 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil
aww come on... stop bitching about 60fps... look at your ------- TV, it runs 24fps, or a little more. Does that appear choppy?! no, good, now go shuff that 'spoiled little kid' feeling down a bag or something!

Actually my friend, TVs run at 29.97fps (NTSC) or 25fps (PAL) and that's just Standard Definition (720x480 and 720x576), whilst HDTVs can run upto 60fps Progessive Scan which would give a whole lote smoother gameplay action. Films are shown at 24fps but only when being displayed in True HD mode, for example 1080p24.

RubberDuck 06-18-2007 06:45 AM

Wahhh, we so need this game on computer :(

It makes me cry reading about this, not having a 360, PS3, or even a decent telly for that matter.

Asif 06-18-2007 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Himuro
Wait. So if you smash a window you'll likely get cops on your tail? This means that almost every time you jack a car, no matter if a cop sees you steal it or not, police may chase after you because you were so indiscreet when it came to showing you stole that car.

As the Play Magazine July Issue says, there are at least 4 different methods of car jacking. Each of them may not require breaking the glass, I believe lock picking would be one of them.