GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Preview from Play Magazine (UK) - July - Issue 154 (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89436)

Asif 06-13-2007 11:04 AM

Preview from Play Magazine (UK) - July - Issue 154

Looks like Matt got it one day prior to the date.

Summary:
Quote:

* Broken Beer Bottles and Trash litter the floor.
* There will be a sizeable amount of loading at the beginning of the game so that the game will never load again.
* Rockstar North is currently working to implement something new based on the radio system.
* Changing Niko's clothes is confirmed.
* Property Ladder aspects from Vice City and San Andreas DENIED in GTA IV.
* Liberty City is roughly with the same size as San Andreas, considering extra height of skyscrapers and loads of interiors.
* Rampages, Unique Jumps and Rhinos MIGHT be cut from the game.
* At least 4 different ways of jacking a vehicle.
* Gangs are CONFIRMED for the game.
* The HUD was a streamlined version which just displays the area of the city you are in (for a second or two) and the weapons you are holding.
* Exclusive GTA IV Preview in Play UK Issue 155 - Out 12th July 2007.
Link to the scans

Skillet 06-13-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Lord, I hope not.

Asif 06-13-2007 11:15 AM

It seems that they saw an incomplete HUD. No mention on health/armor or money. Also, it's conflicting about what they are telling about the map size and what other previews, so far, have been saying on it.

Ash_735 06-13-2007 11:16 AM

Nooo, they can't cut Rampages and Unique Jumps, new Liberty looks like it would be good for stunting and mass killing! :(

will99 06-13-2007 11:19 AM

Ash is right but it does sound awesome still, thanks Asif. :)

Goat 06-13-2007 11:20 AM

Well, they did say that "things will be different." More and more it looks like they are going for a total revamp of GTA.

will99 06-13-2007 11:24 AM

yeah, a total different experience. :)

T-Virus 06-13-2007 11:25 AM

I'm curious on the radio system. What new will they bring into it? Something online?

Love that there will be different ways of jacking. Might make it a little more fun, at least at first.

And there couldn't be a GTA without gangs.

Himuro 06-13-2007 11:32 AM

Dammit. People, get your facts straight. We hear a different take on this every fucking article. Is this as big as San Andreas or not? Because in the Kikizo article an actual R* representative said that IV's LC being the same size as San Andreas would be retarded, it's just that they're on a similar scale. Scale meaning in terms of thought, innovation, and things to do. Scale != Size!

Ash_735 06-13-2007 11:33 AM

But Jumps, Ramapges and Hidden packages were always a nice way to pass time and explore the city.

Himuro 06-13-2007 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ash_735
But Jumps, Ramapges and Hidden packages were always a nice way to pass time and explore the city.

They'll find something else to make you pass the time.

Asif 06-13-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Virus
I'm curious on the radio system. What new will they bring into it? Something online?

I am curious too. It could be Live news on Radio, giving you info on weather forecast and more.

Flip 06-13-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillet
Lord, I hope not.

Same.
They better include Rhino's, Unique Jumps and Rampages. I'd love to beat some gang members up with a bat to enjoy the physics (if they'll be in, of course). And even without that, killing people in a given amount of time with unlimited ammo has always been cool. And so are Jumps and Rhino's.

But what's with the size of IV? Bigger than SA, smaller than SA, similar to SA, we're gonna need some confirmation for this.

However, there are also some great things mentioned in this preview, like 4 different ways to jack vehicles and this new radio thing. Very curious for those.

Thanks for posting this, Asif :)

Goat 06-13-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

But not Vigilante missions?

Niko being handed a badge?

(For the badge, see "Special Someone" poll thread: http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89441)

Hmmm...

almostrodney 06-13-2007 04:46 PM

taking the rhino out :s damn, i had so much fun in that i hope they dont take army and stuff like that out cuz personaly i thought that was the gta essence as such.

oh and another thing, a thought on the radio system , i was thinking wouldent it be cool if there was like a record store on the game that you could go into and it would bring songs that are online up and you could download them and listen to them, just a thought