GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Preview from Xbox 360 Gamer Magazine (UK) (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88838)

Asif 05-30-2007 02:46 PM

Preview from Xbox 360 Gamer Magazine (UK)

The magazine is already on sale. Scans would be up anytime.

Can't really expect of much new here, though I am not giving up my hope for tidbit of new things.

Edit:
It has arrived on the net. Summary of the 5-page preview as quoted from Matt's blog

Quote:

* The GTA IV demo starts in Broker
* Roman's Taxi Depot is in Broker
* You can pan the Camera from Left-to-Right
* You can also tilt the Camera Up and Down
* The Main Office (Taxi Depot) contains a Telephone, Desk, A Radio blaring out ethnic music
* The paint on the wall is chipped
* One pedestrian shouts "I don't see a guide dog!"
* Another pedestrian is yelling abuse down the receiver of a nearby payphone
* There are hobos hanging out and keeping warm around a fire drum
* If you push the analogue stick to the left, Niko will lean to the left in a very naturallistic way
* The dockside area is called Boabo
* Radio continues playing after you exit the vehicle
* So you can leave the ignition turned on
Link to the scan

Phil 05-30-2007 03:41 PM

more 'old news' canned 'new info'?? guess so

Asif 05-31-2007 07:27 AM

1st post has been updated with summary and link to scans. Enjoy! :)

Himuro 05-31-2007 09:06 AM

You can leave the ignition on? Wow. Um...I'm trying to come up with a use for that. Can anyone think of anything?

How about this? I figure that with the car being already on, it'll be easier to get away faster in case you're being chased by some gangs or the fuzz. Using this technique to strategically come up with a get away in case you're having trouble. Thing is, wouldn't this make it easier to get stolen?

Asif 05-31-2007 09:26 AM

Yeah, that makes think of existence of controls for switching ignition on/off.
Though in San Andreas, if you leave a car with its door opened, the ignition is still turn on - you can still hear the engine sound. (Gotta play again SA to confirm it)

Flip 05-31-2007 10:18 AM

Some pretty good info, thanks Asif. Although I hope details like this: ''The Main Office (Taxi Depot) contains a Telephone, Desk, A Radio blaring out ethnic music.'' won't be seen too much, it spoils my own exploring :(

And the ignition thing is also nice to see, nice realistic addition. I hope you can switch the lights on and off as well.

Asif 05-31-2007 10:48 AM

I've checked back from San Andreas. You still can hear the engine sound once you leave a car, whether the door is opened or not. However, I feel R* is going more in depth with the whole mechanism for a car.

Dex 05-31-2007 11:01 AM

What they really need to add is cars with Cruise control and the abilty to climb on top of the car while it's still rolling. Being able to decide whether or not you leave your car running doesn't seem all that usefull to me.

Slim Trashman 05-31-2007 01:35 PM

More details on the demo, I like, but nothing much new here. Thanks, Asif.

Lettermaniac 05-31-2007 11:54 PM

Nothing new really.

And yeah, leaving the ignition on has always been a feature, you could never turn your cars off in GTA. You'd get in a parked one, it'd start up and then be on forever.

The_Patient 06-01-2007 04:51 PM

This article also states Bellic is pronounced 'Bell-ish'.

I don't know about everyone else but I always thought it was pronounced Bell-lick. =/

Lettermaniac 06-01-2007 07:43 PM

Hmmm, I'm a little sketchy on that, I'll probably be saying Neeko Bellick up until I hear his name said in the game.

Slim Trashman 06-01-2007 07:53 PM

Bell-ish? Those crazy names. This is just like what happened with me with San Andreas. Before I actually heard the name spoken by Don LaFontaine in the first trailer, I had always said "San An-dree-is" rather "San An-dray-es".

Asif 06-02-2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Patient
This article also states Bellic is pronounced 'Bell-ish'.

I don't know about everyone else but I always thought it was pronounced Bell-lick. =/

Shouldn't it have been pronounced as "Bell-ich". I mean the 'c' at the end of the name of people from European countries like Croatia, Czech republic, Serbia is pronounced as 'ch'.

The_Patient 06-02-2007 08:30 AM

That would seem more apt that 'Bellish'. Maybe just an overlooked typo in the magazine? Either that or they're just plain wrong.