GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   New info (the ability to open trunks)? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88724)

Himuro 05-27-2007 09:52 PM

New info (the ability to open trunks)?

A user at gtaforums posted this info. Right now we're in the process of clarifying whether it's valid or not but it certainly sounds interesting.

Quote:

I got my Xbox Offical Magazine earlier this week and i tried to register on here, but it took me forever, anyway. A few new tidbits of information i don't think has been said.

- You can jump from rooftop to rooftop

- You can now open your car trunks, by pushing rb

Hope this is new

Jimmy_86 05-27-2007 09:57 PM

Interesting tidbit, gotta wait for confirmation of course.

Lettermaniac 05-27-2007 10:00 PM

Hmm, I'm sketchy on this. But if it's true, it's for the better. You could shove a couple of RPG's in there instead of weighing Niko down, the unrealistic way :P

Himuro 05-27-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
Hmm, I'm sketchy on this. But if it's true, it's for the better. You could shove a couple of RPG's in there instead of weighing Niko down, the unrealistic way :P

What about this?

You kill a pedestrian while on a nice relaxing stroll. You see a cop across the street. What do you do? Grab the body and stash it in the trunk of a car or leave it there?

Better yet, imagine if you can hide in trunks yourself when on the run from cops and you don't want any heat. :)

Lettermaniac 05-27-2007 10:09 PM

Yep, this idea has so much potential. I remember when I saw the screen of CJ in San Fierro, with the boot open and a b-ball in hand, I was excited to be able to finally use one. I hope I'm not let down this time.

Himuro 05-27-2007 10:18 PM

He said it's in the USA version of OXM.

Like I said on gtaforums:

Wasn't it possible to jump from rooftop to rooftop in San Andreas? Many tags were hidden on roofs, for example, and so were weapons. One of the most memorable examples was Grove St. where you could climb up a house and jump from house to house until you reached a tech-9.

Someone posted this at gtaforums:

Quote:

I belive you but if you want the rest of the world to do so show some proofs.About the car trunks this feature was supposed to be in GTASA but was removed for unknown reasons.About the roof thingy i just hope it isnt something Spiderman/Superman way...

Edit:this is what i mean

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/119...6formerdu3.jpg

Lettermaniac 05-27-2007 10:22 PM

Yeah you could jump from roof to roof, technically, but from the sounds of it in IV it will be greatly enhanced. My guess is when Niko approaches a ledge, and you press Square (whatever button, jump command) he'll leap.

optik 05-27-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

- You can now open your car trunks, by pushing rb
what's rb?

Asif 05-27-2007 11:59 PM

Ability to open trunks will be interested to see.

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/119...6formerdu3.jpg

I believe this is from the cutscene of a San Fierro mission, can't remember the name right now.
Edit: "Ice Cold Killa"

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeandbooze
what's rb?

Right bumper of the Xbox 360 controller.

Flip 05-28-2007 01:00 AM

I really don't hope jumping from rooftop to rooftop is going to be Crackdown-style, or something similar. That wouldn't be GTA. Flying with motorbikes without falling, bunny-hopping 3 meters or getting shot a thousand times without dying doesn't annoy me :P But flying while being on foot does.

And about the trunks, I really hope it'll be included. Like Himuro said (I also said this in the wishlist), being able to get rid of witnesses, or anything you want to get rid of, put it in your trunk, drive to the water and dump it.
Being able to keep weapons in your trunk would be great, too.

ivar87 05-28-2007 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flip
I really don't hope jumping from rooftop to rooftop is going to be Crackdown-style, or something similar. That wouldn't be GTA. Flying with motorbikes without falling, bunny-hopping 3 meters or getting shot a thousand times without dying doesn't annoy me :P But flying while being on foot does.

Think more like Assassins Creed.
If this info is indeed correct, I'm very very happy. Hanging on rooftops etc is great fun, and using the trunk is even moar fun.

Asif 05-28-2007 01:39 AM

I am waiting for the OXM USA scans to pop-up on the net, then I'll rename this thread.

Phil 05-28-2007 02:12 AM

Asif, could you throw me an email when this happens, i know zidane and co' arent that happy about scans here on the boards! :)

Asif 05-28-2007 02:33 AM

I think it's all good as long as the scans don't go on the main news site. I mean, there have been more than 10 preview threads (with scans) since the Game Informer - I haven't seen anyone to bring objection on that.
For updates, you may subscribe to this thread. (At the top panel, Thread tools -> Subscribe to this thread)

T-Virus 05-28-2007 04:56 AM

I'd be more than happy if the possibility of using your car trunk is there. But I hope there will be a meaning to it, not just an effect.