GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Previews from (PSU3 UK -June issue + OP2M UK - June Issue) (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88660)

Asif 05-26-2007 09:32 AM

Previews from (PSU3 UK -June issue + OP2M UK - June Issue)

As retrieved from Matt's blog...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playstation 3 Unlimited Magazine - June Issue 2007
Summary of new information from the 6 page preview article.

* New Camera Angles (About four altogether)
* In-car camera puts you in a sort of first-person mode, looking across the bonet
* You can use the right analogue stick to move 360 degrees around the vehicle
* Day and night weather effects aren't merely for show
* Weather effects will affect the game beyond mere visual gloss
* During the day you'll find more pedestrians miling around, and with more traffic on the streets
* At night, there'll be fewer cars and fewer people around too.
* It may or may not affect the missions, depending on what time of day you

PSU3 scans

Quote:

Originally Posted by Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK - June Issue 2007
summary of new information from the 4 page preview article.

* Bollards poke out from the earth at wonky angles
* There's rubbish everywhere
* To get from one end of Liberty City to the other will take you at least an hour.
* Vehicles Confirmed
o Trains
o Buses
o Underground Subway System
* Mobile Phone can now make calls and receive them for the first time.
* Niko is aged somewhere between 35-40 years old.
* Getting arrested will have far greater consequences than before, bearing in mind Niko's criminal past and illegal immigrant status.

OP2M scans

Many thanks to Matt for sending the links.

Jimmy_86 05-26-2007 09:48 AM

Sounds good, I like the rubbish and confirmation of the camera stuff.

but...
Quote:

To get from one end of Liberty City to the other will take you at least an hour
That can't be true if it's a similar size to SA, unless they've heavily changed the movement speeds or meant at walking speed. SA took about 10 minutes running the width of it.

Flip 05-26-2007 10:09 AM

Great info, thanks for posting this, Asif.

Quote:

In-car camera puts you in a sort of first-person mode, looking across the bonet
Nice. Too bad it's not viewed from the interior though, like when you can see the steering wheel and all that.

Quote:

It may or may not affect the missions, depending on what time of day you accomplish them.
I wonder how... Maybe you can be detected easier during daytime, which means you'll have to get rid of the witnesses. I'm very curious what they mean exactly.

Quote:

To get from one end of Liberty City to the other will take you at least an hour.
Wow! I hope this won't get annoying, heh.

Quote:

Getting arrested will have far greater consequences than before, bearing in mind Niko's criminal past and illegal immigrant status.
Sounds good. I guess it's no more losing your weapons and cash. They didn't make sure you wouldn't commit crimes anymore anyway. On the other hand, what does...

Asif 05-26-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy_86
That can't be true if it's a similar size to SA, unless they've heavily changed the movement speeds or meant at walking speed. SA took about 10 minutes running the width of it.

I, too, have a doubt. Are they trying to refer to traffic jams implicitly? I have no idea how bad it is in NY though.

Anyway, I've updated the first post with links to the scans. Enjoy! :)

Lynk 05-26-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

SA took about 10 minutes running the width of it.

Umm no? To run the width of SA would take nearly 30-40 mins =|

oppar 05-26-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

The Width of san andreas running would take about 30~40 minutes. Running from one side of Los Santos to the other would take 10~20 minutes ;)

.:nemesis:. 05-26-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

* In-car camera puts you in a sort of first-person mode, looking across the bonet.
* You can use the right analogue stick to move 360 degrees around the vehicle.
At last, good for the realism.
Quote:

* Getting arrested will have far greater consequences than before, bearing in mind Niko's criminal past and illegal immigrant status.
Wonder if going to jail for a day is the worst.

FG 05-26-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Clansman:.
At last, good for the realism.

Wonder if going to jail for a day is the worst.

Remember he is an imigrent,what about deportation threat? Then can he pay a large bribe? Like VCS 2k to..

get your weapon's back. Lot's to consider here...it is GTA tho:)

@Cm...btw, I'm glad you got dancing sig. bk up!!! it R*ocks,lol.

monkio 05-26-2007 12:13 PM

Maybe if you have too much heat, some of your more paranoid contacts will choose not to be associated with you.

Ex: They won't meet you, or give you missions.

billyboy_999 05-26-2007 12:15 PM

Maybe you can't get arrested to frequently or else you completly lose the game. This 1 hour thing is interesting. It may be due to heavier traffic, or even more crowded streets; you might have to slow down your running because there are so many people or you might have to wait at the crosswalks if you don't want to get run over or get arrested for jaywalking

Xan 05-26-2007 12:16 PM

That's be a pretty good idea if done in the game properly

And with that, maybe there might be harder police Retaliation when you get a Wanted Level

@monkio

Himuro 05-26-2007 12:18 PM

omg

Weather effects more than graphics? Imagine if it's storming and it makes the streets wet and Niko has to try real hard not to slip when he's running? Imagine having to CHASE someone in such weather on foot, much less in car? Oh man.

Xan 05-26-2007 12:20 PM

That kind of thing was in Cold Fear when you were on the Ship, you had to watch or else you would fall off the ship

Cars finally reacting realistically to the slippery road is something i've wanted for some time now, it'd test your driving abilities depending on how they set it

FG 05-26-2007 12:33 PM

Sounds like because of weather, you may have to plan carefull to start your mission when the weather is good.

Which leaves to question *?????* will Niko have access to predictable weather report's Via cell phone/or radio?*

Xan 05-26-2007 12:36 PM

Or maybe the Weather won't be so unpredictable like in previous games.

Random rain out of nowhere. Here least in my country you can see black clouds from 10km away and normally lighting strikes like a grenade exploding in the distance.