GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Preview from German Gamepro magazine (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88266)

Asif 05-15-2007 12:20 PM

Preview from German Gamepro magazine

Some infos seemed new to me, that's why I am starting this topic.

Some key points retrieved so far...
Quote:

- At the beginning of the game, Roman's taxi stand will be Niko's first safehouse and the first place for receiving missions, as well.
- A wardrobe will be introduced in Niko's latter safehouse.
- The pedestrians will react accordingly to Niko's actions.
- Niko seems to have right weight. If he runs curves, he puts himself with the whole body. (No idea how to rephrase this from Niko scheint richtiges Gewicht zu haben. Wenn er Kurven läuft, legt er sich mit dem ganzen Körper hinein.. Anyone with good German, help please!)
- The mobile phone will play a big role in GTA IV.
- R* is not sure yet whether Niko is allowed to roam the whole city from the begining, or if there would be something that would restrict him from entering the other borough.
- As implemented in True Crime: Streets of LA, every street in GTA IV will have a name, which fades in as soon as Niko walks/drives into there.

Source topic and site.

Jonny-essex19 05-15-2007 12:23 PM

Hello, thanks for that. its new to me also. Im really starting to feel hyped for this game! :)

ivar87 05-15-2007 12:28 PM

- A wardrobe will be introduced in Niko's latter safehouse
- As implemented in True Crime: Streets of LA, every street in GTA IV will have a name, which fades in as soon as Niko walks/drives into there.

Only new info. I like the streets, the new liberty city will be like a second home for me, I'll know every streetname and corner by heart like my own home town. Oh yeah!

Geddes 05-15-2007 12:31 PM

OK then. How many street names will be innuendo's?

Asif 05-15-2007 12:44 PM

Never had seen this picture before. Is it new?

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Nico_drive.jpg

Ash_735 05-15-2007 12:45 PM

That was used in the 360 review a while back. Good work on pointing out the German Mag Preview though.

Jonny-essex19 05-15-2007 12:53 PM

Yes i have seen it, still looks great.

Himuro 05-15-2007 12:55 PM

The streets thing was used in San Andreas. That shouldn't be a surprise at all.

.:Razor:. 05-15-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Himuro
The streets thing was used in San Andreas. That shouldn't be a surprise at all.

Only the name of the area you went into was displayed on the screen, not every street name.

Xan 05-15-2007 01:01 PM

True Crime:NYC has every single street named like the other posts stated. When i was playing the game i found nearly impossible to remember them all since there are surely more than 200 different streets?

Himuro 05-15-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Razor:.
Only the name of the area you went into was displayed on the screen, not every street name.

Huh? They did show the street names, didn't they?

Slim Trashman 05-15-2007 01:46 PM

Nice, Asif! Few new details there, thanks for posting :)

GTAmissions.com 05-15-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

- Niko seems to have right weight. If he runs curves, he puts himself with the whole body. (No idea how to rephrase this from Niko scheint richtiges Gewicht zu haben. Wenn er Kurven läuft, legt er sich mit dem ganzen Körper hinein.. Anyone with good German, help please!)
can someone figure this one out?!

Ash_735 05-15-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAmissions.com
can someone figure this one out?!

This was mentioned in another magazine, he is basically all physical, when turning corners he will lean to one side, when being shot, he will fall according to his bodyweight, etc. Just means the characters moves a lot more realisticly.

FG 05-15-2007 03:41 PM

Thank's ASIF:)

A couple of good fact's, like I hadn't thought much about the street name's. Now I can try to imagine it better,lol.