GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   OPM Italy: New Details & Artwork (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88066)

Slim Trashman 05-10-2007 04:33 PM

OPM Italy: New Details & Artwork

Source: PlanetGTA
Full Article & Scans: GTAForums

--------------------------------

OPM Italy has confirmed some new details on GTA IV:

Quote:

• You can view the bus schedule at bus stops around this city, strongly encouraging the idea that players will be able to ride the bus for a small fee.

• When Niko draws a weapon, the camera will position itself over his shoulder and a crosshair will appear in the center of the screen, similar to manual aim in San Andreas. It will be possible to lock onto a target and strafe left and right to avoid any oncoming bullets.

• Grand Theft Auto will not longer be as easy as it's been in GTA IV's predecessors. You can't just jump into a car and immediately floor it. You may have to hot wire the car, or sneak up to it and break the window to enter.

• Niko will be able to climb several things such as telephone poles and fire escapes.

• You can look down into the grating of a sidewalk panel and view what's under Liberty City. Light will shine down into these places.

• Philip Glass, the composer of the trailer music, may be involved in the production of the game's soundtrack.

*Please note that these translations may not be 100% accurate*

Also included in the article was this new piece of artwork showing a male African American laying on a couch, smoking:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8...3np5lq4.th.jpghttp://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9...4iy0hr9.th.jpg

--------------------------------

Personally, I'm not too sure about these little details that have been revealed about the targeting system "When Niko pulls out a weapon in the game, the camera positions itself over the shoulder and a crosshair appears at the center of the screen." Seems too different, but I'll wait for more details on this before I throw out any more opinions. Hopefully it's more like San Andreas where once you aimed off the target, you entered a free aim mode.

oppar 05-10-2007 04:37 PM

I am honestly so hyped for this game right now. The car jacking bulletpoint sounds so awesome.

victim 05-10-2007 04:46 PM

Honestly sounds amazing. Thanks Slim. And to think, we're only scratching the surface at the moment.

Slim Trashman 05-10-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victim
And to think, we're only scratching the surface at the moment.

That is really what's amazing me right now. There is so much more to know, and these minor, first details are blowing us away. Can't even begin to imagine what's to come.

.:nemesis:. 05-10-2007 05:15 PM

Thanks Slim, i always said that we would be awestruck with some of the things that R* has done to GTA IV.

almostrodney 05-10-2007 05:42 PM

sounds sick cant wait, though im concurned about swimming still :/

Larry Novellino 05-10-2007 05:56 PM

god I've been waiting to hotwire since GTA III. Fantastic work, Slime.

I really cannot believe we're already five months away.

Xan 05-10-2007 06:11 PM

Well the months go faster if i don't think about GTAIV at all, and my excitment keeps on growing

The game looks better and better constantly, just hope its going to be fun and not dull like GTASA was

T-Virus 05-10-2007 06:13 PM

I can't wait to the teaser gameplay video's. Hotwiring sounds great!

FG 05-10-2007 06:39 PM

Thanks for that ST, it's all looking to be an awesome game.Can't wait to see the new car jacking scheme.

Himuro 05-10-2007 06:50 PM

Philip fucking Glass working on the soundtrack? Christ this game gets better every fucking day!

I'm loving the new details, especially about the difficulty thing. One thing I love about GTAIII over the other 3d GTA's is that it can get quite difficult at times. Still, making it harder to jack a car isn't what I call more difficult. That's the bread and butter of GTA gameplay. Imagine having to go through a hot wire mini game in the middle of a police chase after you car blew up. Augh.

nOs jOn 05-10-2007 06:56 PM

Kinda looks like an old lance vance laying on the couch there.. maybe he survived?

but yeh biggup for bringing this to us slim, this game is off the chain dopeness in its purest form... simple things like bus catching and looking through grating is beyond anything out now.. don

BigMike 05-10-2007 07:03 PM

Yea..exactly...Lance Vance survied a couple hundred bullets to the brain...

hahahahah

Its a new character most likely in the scan

Slim Trashman 05-10-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by almostrodney
sounds sick cant wait, though im concurned about swimming still :/

Don't be, dude. It will be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
... just hope its going to be fun and not dull like GTASA was

IMO, SA wasn't dull and boring at all. With the variety of things to do, the ideas are endless. I'm usually trying something new every time I pick up the game, even now I'm still discovering and trying new things.

Havok 05-10-2007 08:37 PM

the aiming sounds more like the Resi. 4 aiming then anything, but whatever i'm still syked about it.