GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Either the city will be called Liberty City or something else, fact remains... (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86236)

ZCAB 03-30-2007 02:39 AM

Either the city will be called Liberty City or something else, fact remains...

...it's an entirely different city than it was you played in in GTAIII and GTA:LCS. Might R* once again follow the Liberty City -> Vice City -> San Andreas path, except that only the places' ambiance remains and they are redone insanely huge and detailed?

Nirvana 4 Life 03-30-2007 02:40 AM

idk good point, but I doubt they'd repeat the process, I mean it took 5 years the first time.

—Skeet Swayze— 03-30-2007 02:45 AM

I'm hoping for "GTA IV: The Return to LC"

Jimmy_86 03-30-2007 03:33 AM

It's definately Liberty City, but as you've said ZCAB, redone, remodeled etc. Some form of VC/SA may follow but right now I'm just keen to find out a bit more about this.

Roger Explosion 03-30-2007 04:37 AM

Nah, they won't repeat it all. They just needed a general modern city to set the groundwork for next gen. What better place than NYC/a new LC?

I can still see them going to a fictionalized Chicago, London... I'd like to see Australia too, but...

Ash_735 03-30-2007 04:40 AM

It's just like the change from GTA1 to GTA3. In GTA1 the map for Liberty City is completely Different from the one in the GTA3 series. Also, from looking at the trailer, nice to see they have the New York style cars for teh LCPD (something they hinted at in LCS but were still the wrong colour, and in the pre-release GTA3 images).

Grimmy 03-30-2007 05:17 AM

I'm still saying that its New York City. Granted Liberty City is based on New York, but it didn't have the landmakrs such as the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.

DBD 03-30-2007 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimmy
I'm still saying that its New York City. Granted Liberty City is based on New York, but it didn't have the landmakrs such as the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.

tbh

swallowed 03-30-2007 05:21 AM

Well, I think that it will be called Liberty City, because I don't think they would have "Liberty Tree" and "Liberty City" as well as other signs and things and make the city be called New York. But this is only my thoughts on it right now.

SA 03-30-2007 05:54 AM

I Wonder Where That Tunnel Led To In Gtaiii ? Hmmm ?

Roger Explosion 03-30-2007 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimmy

Umm... gee... :laugh:

swallowed 03-30-2007 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA
I Wonder Where That Tunnel Led To In Gtaiii ? Hmmm ?

Well, in LCS you can have access to it, but it just takes you to another part of Shoreside Vale. But, if you go through the tunnel, there is also another place under construction, so I don't know where that lead.

chainsoar 03-30-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swallowed
Well, I think that it will be called Liberty City, because I don't think they would have "Liberty Tree" and "Liberty City" as well as other signs and things and make the city be called New York. But this is only my thoughts on it right now.

I noticed the Liberty Tree building too, and I thought the same thing. It would be like making a game with VCPR on the radio, set in San Andreas.

oppar 03-30-2007 06:20 AM

It IS liberty City. When they show the ship, it says Liberty City on it.

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/2...tlednv1.th.png

John Gotti 03-30-2007 06:22 AM

yea i think we can safely say it is in Liberty City now...but who knows hopefully multiple destinations, i;d still love 2 see snow so Alaska mite be cool crusing on your snow mobiles....