GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   The Pedestrians (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86214)

nOs jOn 03-29-2007 09:26 PM

The Pedestrians

Pedestrians, what did you notice about them. It's the little things they do which can really make the game seem alive.. couple things I noticed were.

- they adjust the mirrors whilst driving (1st scene, guy driving in sportscar)

- they drop litter (birds eye scene, 31secs deep)

- read while walking (right before the previous scene)

- they smoke (same again)

- one appears to be talking on a cellphone (and once more)

anybody notice anything else?

Scott 03-29-2007 09:27 PM

In the dock scene, they were carrying planks etc. So generally working, living their lives.

FG 03-29-2007 09:29 PM

if they have eating , i hope you see the food .CJs invisiable chli dog was to much :)

nOs jOn 03-29-2007 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott
In the dock scene, they were carrying planks etc. So generally working, living their lives.

thats dope if you see construction going on in realtime. good look.

Scott 03-29-2007 09:31 PM

I hope they scrap eating and go back to the VC way. I hated the fact you had to eat when you got hungry or you died.

But if they want to go for realism, why not make you get a job, pay rent, electric, gas, fuel, buy cars, etc.

Nah.

Oh yeah, the pedestrians seemed to be aware of one anothers paths of movement.

C-Bullets 03-29-2007 09:32 PM

Also pedestrians carrying shopping bags, then again that was even in Vice City.

nOs jOn 03-29-2007 09:35 PM

I think that was even in GTAIII

cox 03-29-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-Bullets
Also pedestrians carrying shopping bags, then again that was even in Vice City.

That was one ped model who always had bags though as I recall. If you see the same model carrying different things, that will be something special.

adub 03-29-2007 09:38 PM

the peds holding shopping bags, will they be able to drop the bag and items from within will fall out?

swallowed 03-29-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nOs jOn
I think that was even in GTAIII

Yeah, it was in III as well.

This is one of the things that I had posted on one of the GTA IV Wishlists Threads, to see people eating and doing other normal activities that people do in real life, I find that this makes the games more realistic.

Scott 03-29-2007 09:39 PM

Yeah they carried ZIP bags in GTAIII. But in this trailer, they had paper grocery bags too.

iceman 03-29-2007 09:50 PM

There seemed to be too many peds carrying grocery-style paper bags, and it was on what looked like a busy, business street. It wouldn't really make sense for them to all have those types of bags there. But that's just nitpicking.

billyboy_999 03-29-2007 09:51 PM

They look kinda weird though, none of them are holding them by any handles (none I managed to see). Its all good, GTA wouldn't be GTA without those little 'bugs'.

nOs jOn 03-29-2007 09:54 PM

one of em looks like sally jessy raphael..... eww.

swallowed 03-29-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyboy_999
They look kinda weird though, none of them are holding them by any handles (none I managed to see). Its all good, GTA wouldn't be GTA without those little 'bugs'.

There are some holding grocery bags from the bottom though as I recall