GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Gameplay, not graphics - Serious Discussion (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86206)

Roxstein 03-29-2007 05:56 PM

Gameplay, not graphics - Serious Discussion

Okay, I loved looking at the new graphics in the trailer, but is anybody else thinking of what playing the new game will be like?

Seeing as gameplay is the most important part of GTA as far as I'm concerned, I think it deserves its own thread.

My thoughts are:

The amount of peds and cars will probably make going on rampages much more fun... mowing down crowds of people in a rhino and whatnot will be much more satisfying.

The fact that it takes place in an NYC mockup makes me think that airplanes may be a little restricted, but on the other hand removing jumbo jets and all that may totally ruin the flying experience, so I doubt we'll see any of that.

Having a more realistic world means more realistic guns, so I expect something similar to a current FPS game for that, with proper reload animations, and much more realistic accuracy changes and recoil.

The cars look more realistic too, so the handling will probably be a little different from what we know and love, including changes in the camera... I picture something similar to Test Drive Unlimited or MotorStorm.

Add your thoughts.

Jay 03-29-2007 05:58 PM

If they are going to use the Euphoria engine then it will own. Euphoria

SA 03-29-2007 05:58 PM

The guy is in the russian mob, I believe we'll see different cities in the "episodes," so there might be an airport when we first see the game.

Pale2hall 03-29-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar Rox0rs
. I picture something similar to Test Drive Unlimited or MotorStorm.

Add your thoughts.

i highly doubt very realistic driving.

noah m5 03-29-2007 05:59 PM

Well, I really hope theres gonna be a shitload of traffic, not like in previous GTA's where you were one of the only ones driving down the street in a big city.

abpat_2k1 03-29-2007 06:01 PM

Oh yeah. Considering GTA IV in all probability will be using the Natural Motion as the physics simulator engine, interaction between your character and the NPC will dramatically change. Besides, if it extends to vehicle physics as well, then it will ramp up the fun factor even more. Reminds me, didnt we see the car rock a bit as it drove over the metal sheet? If thats how even small things are going to react to our interactions with them, then it is something to look out for. Too bad no one in the making of the trailer deemed neccessary to run over a few peds. That would have given us a good idea of what to expect!

Free Mike 03-29-2007 06:02 PM

I didn't see any motorcycles. That has me worried. I care more about the physics for bikes more than any other vehicle.

Roxstein 03-29-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pale2hall
i highly doubt very realistic driving.

That's the thing... the handling in TDU is more arcade-like than anything, because you can still easily make a 90 degree turn on a city street without hitting something.

I say MotorStorm also because of the camera and the handling feeling like you're almost not in control, but you really are.

billyboy_999 03-29-2007 06:04 PM

I agree, the only thing you could really get off the trailer was a little driving. The ped driving doesn't look as crappy though.

qwertyguy 03-29-2007 06:06 PM

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want rag doll physics. I think it would make gta much better.

Lettermaniac 03-29-2007 06:09 PM

Definatley expecting the Euphoria engine. I hope the general gameplay doesn't differ from past GTAs too much, I'm confident Rockstar will keep it real for true fans though.

Free Mike 03-29-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyguy
I REALLY REALLY REALLY want rag doll physics. I think it would make gta much better.

Good call. That would have made all the GTA games atleast 10x better.

.:nemesis:. 03-29-2007 06:09 PM

If only we had been shown a bit of gameplay, no doubt something will surface.

Spread Da Love 03-29-2007 06:11 PM

Just when the trailer starts, and there is a train driving by, look at the billboard in upper-left corner. It says: FlyUS. I think there will be more than just one big city. I hope there will be a MASSIVE countryside between cities. So massive that it literally takes maybe even 10-15 minutes do drive from city to city full speed in the fastest car/bike in the game.

SA 03-29-2007 06:12 PM

I hope the limbs can be realistically shot off! Do something about that , Jack Thompson! Do you guys think I should get this for 360 or PS3 ?