GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   A hint? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85630)

Havok 03-18-2007 11:10 AM

A hint?

pretty intresting article found at PGTA. check it out
if this is a repost Mods please close.

Maybe This is Why IGN said it Will be Online

juggalo_4_ever 03-18-2007 11:46 AM

sweet gta 4 online, he said "online multiplayer" so you could probably have 2 people playing gta 4 online at your house

the punisher 03-18-2007 11:47 AM

I think I read about the online bit a while ago. But the whole article was interesting anyway.

Slim Trashman 03-18-2007 12:38 PM

Brilliant article. Jordan's a great contributer to the GTA community.

Relating to GTA online, Houser really seemed to be hinting towards it in GTA IV. One way I expect this to happen is, the online multiplayer will not be officially announced pre-release, but post-release, and will hit the community as a huge surprise, and will be a downloadable update. That's just one theory, my other is we'll get the official announcement and details within the next 7 months.

In the article, when Sam said it wouldn't just be a deathmatch type of play, since that is not GTA, that really had me thinking. What are Rockstar's plans for online multiplayer modes? I can't even imagine what is planned, but I don't think we'll be disappointed, then again, has Rockstar ever let us down?

phreak 03-18-2007 02:48 PM

As much as I want to see GTA as an MMO of sorts, I don't want to see characters you can customize like in Saints Row (face, body, skin color, etc.). I want a well established main/central character that is powerful enough to bring back what we saw in GTA: Vice City.

I'm interested to see what Rockstar has up their sleeves.

Antonio Montana 03-18-2007 02:52 PM

No way in hell I would buy GTA ever if it became an MMO.. I just hate 'em and it would ruin the whole series, probably lose a good part of fans!

Slim Trashman 03-18-2007 02:53 PM

@phreak, Exactly how I feel. People are always throwing out their opinions on the character, etc should be customized. GTA has been known for having incredible storylines with amazing voice talent, etc. With completely customized characters, how can a do story really be developed? Let's also put it this way, you create black character, but the voice is done by a white person.. I'll leave you to think about that.

jayuk2 03-18-2007 03:06 PM

yeah allow the customising, it would ruin it.

i was playin sains row earlier, and noticed how incomplete it is. it could have been so much better.

like they have jumps dotted around, but no bonus for doing them. and the guy is a mute like gta, and the storyline sucks lol.

and maybe the actual mission game is 2 short.

Jimmy_86 03-19-2007 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
One way I expect this to happen is, the online multiplayer will not be officially announced pre-release, but post-release, and will hit the community as a huge surprise, and will be a downloadable update. That's just one theory, my other is we'll get the official announcement and details within the next 7 months.

So you have two theories: One says they tell us about it before release, the other says they tell us about it after release. Seems pretty water tight to me. :P

If there is some sort of (massively) multiplayer part then ofcourse there may be some character customisation for it, otherwise all players would look the same. But I agree ofcourse, keep it away from the story's main character.

I liked this quote from Sam Houser:
Quote:

If someone wants to sit down and have a thoughtful, constructive debate that's not about political agendas and isn't about someone trying to make some money off us, then we'll have that conversation.
EDIT: They've Listed True Crime & Def Jam Vendetta as GTA copycats, I understand True Crime, but Def Jam Vendetta? I looked it up and it's a wrestling game? How is it a GTA Clone?

jwrebholz 03-19-2007 09:43 AM

If GTA becomes an MMO, I'm swearing off it and going for the next Saints Row (or similar game)

TONY_ak47 03-19-2007 12:27 PM

It's not gonna be an MMO, they just will take some aspects of MMOs (Houser said this) and apply to GTA's online component.

Antonio Montana 03-19-2007 12:53 PM

it would be really stupid if it became something like Oblivion, where you change the character and everything..

Smokeydogg7 03-20-2007 12:54 PM

its very simple

you have story mode where you see the same shit we saw in the past 2 gta games amazing voice acting with a great story

then you have mmo mode where you will make your own dude or girl and go into the same story mode world expect it's fully open for you to do as you please who needs voice acting on mmo when you have a mic you can walk up to someone and talk to them yourself

picture it gta where everyone is a real person cops are real people are real gangs are real you

think of it amazing simply amazing and you know rockstar would do it right

endless things could happen in this mmo gta world and i for one would love to be part of it

jayuk2 03-20-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokeydogg7
its very simple

you have story mode where you see the same shit we saw in the past 2 gta games amazing voice acting with a great story

then you have mmo mode where you will make your own dude or girl and go into the same story mode world expect it's fully open for you to do as you please who needs voice acting on mmo when you have a mic you can walk up to someone and talk to them yourself

picture it gta where everyone is a real person cops are real people are real gangs are real you

think of it amazing simply amazing and you know rockstar would do it right

endless things could happen in this mmo gta world and i for one would love to be part of it

haha that would be kwality, to be able to become a copper if u wanted,or part of a gang.

Rurouni 03-21-2007 05:58 PM

Nice...............
Gta online pretty cool but do you think they would do a simple deathmatch like mta and all that stuff!