GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Why I think it WON'T be London (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85379)

Gamaya 03-13-2007 12:14 PM

Why I think it WON'T be London

London is not an island, Rockstar made SA, VC and LC all islands and that was fair enough, but London is surrounded by other cities and countryside, only way to make it realistic would be to have the entire UK. No one (I hope) wants invisible walls at the end of roads.

It wouldn't feel right to play on an island which infrastructure mimics London, or also for the game to be entitled Grand Theft Auto IV: London.

I believe it will be a totally new and original (made up) location, perhaps based in parts on London, or other places, but it will not be London.

No invisible walls please.

Pablo Escobar Jr. 03-13-2007 12:17 PM

I agree.

I personally think it will be based on all of Europe. And actually hope somehting like this will happen.
Also, seeing as alot of people think it will be London (for years and years already), I think Rockstar will choose not to make a city based entirely on London, everyone likes a little suprise.

oppar 03-13-2007 12:19 PM

Hello, Rockstar isn't simulating real life.

Also, Rockstar don't go with real life names, however, they DO base it on real life cities/states. San Andreas (California), Vice City (Miami), III (New York)

Have you even played GTA? :p

phreak 03-13-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamaya
London is not an island, Rockstar made SA, VC and LC all islands and that was fair enough, but London is surrounded by other cities and countryside,

Los Angeles is not an island. San Fransisco is a peninsula. Las Vegas is not an island. Miami is not an island although there's islands and a cape nearby. New York is the only one which truly is an island (Portland = western Long Island, Staunton = Manhattan Island, and SSV = New Jersey which is actually mainland). GTA will always be islands, unless you want invisible walls.

Xan 03-13-2007 12:26 PM

They could go for the old way of making something happen that makes you unable to leave. The airports in Vice City didn't take you anywhere else. A tunnel if i remember correctly in GTA3 was blocked off even after you beat the game and it would have taken you to a different city if it was open

Gamaya 03-13-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5tatic

Also, Rockstar don't go with real life names, however, they DO base it on real life cities/states. San Andreas (California), Vice City (Miami), III (New York)

Quote:

Originally Posted by phreak
Los Angeles is not an island. San Fransisco is a peninsula. Las Vegas is not an island. Miami is not an island although there's islands and a cape nearby. New York is the only one which truly is an island (Portland = western Long Island, Staunton = Manhattan Island, and SSV = New Jersey which is actually mainland). GTA will always be islands, unless you want invisible walls.

I don't think either of you got what I was saying. Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City etc were all based on real life locations but were islands. However, as I said
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamaya
perhaps based in parts on London, or other places, but it will not be London.

I said it could be based on London. It won't be exactly London. It would have to be an island. Which is all I was saying.

Gee...

phreak 03-13-2007 01:00 PM

Yeah I get you. You want GTA... not Getaway. ;)

gtachuggy 03-13-2007 01:03 PM

I agree with Gamaya. I think its going to be a completely new world, based on real places. Roll on trailer!

Antonio Montana 03-13-2007 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5tatic

Khm.. I thought Las Vegas (Las Venturas) was in Nevada, not California.. Miami isn't a island all by itself and neither is the California/Nevada setting of GTA: SA. So I guess they could make London as a city on an island without anything else around it.. also, GTA Mission Pack #1 was called London (no imaginary name) which would lead eventually to it being called London.. but R* probably won't be as predictable as the games before and will not have Carcer City or London, but some American city..

Slim Trashman 03-13-2007 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phreak
Yeah I get you. You want GTA... not Getaway. ;)

Now I get what he was saying as well :P

Thanks phreak <3

Gamaya 03-13-2007 01:16 PM

:P

I reread what I put and yeah

didn't phrase so good

Slim Trashman 03-13-2007 01:19 PM

Nope, not really :P

But personally, I wouldn't like a non-American location as much. Not because I think like "oh USA is the best!" kind of thing, but.. well it's not easy to explain :(

Pablo Escobar Jr. 03-13-2007 01:19 PM

So this basicly means, I agreed because I'm a retard?

Gamaya 03-13-2007 01:20 PM

No, you agreed because you understood my ramblings :)

TheNamelessGuy 03-13-2007 01:48 PM

I believe it doesn't have a seperate name, just GTA IV.