GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   A bit of GTA IV Soundtrack news... (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85279)

Asif 03-11-2007 01:57 AM

A bit of GTA IV Soundtrack news...

May be...
Though I, personally, dont think that has anything to do with setting the game in New York.

.:nemesis:. 03-11-2007 03:15 AM

It's all pointing to respectable report, but i would still only see it as a rumour.

Pivac 03-11-2007 04:04 AM

Honestly, I wouldn't like to see a GTA set in real world. I just like it the way it was with III, VC and SA: imitation of real cityes, vehicles, locations...

Ash_735 03-11-2007 06:07 AM

Just because some songs by these guys MIGHT be in GTAIV doesn't mean it will be in New York, past GTA games have had songs from all around, Wave 103 is mostly British New Wave bands.

Jimmy_86 03-11-2007 06:50 AM

I have to agree with Ash, one New York band on the soundtrack doesn't mean anything in terms of location, and every other GTA is proof of that.

I wonder if Rockstar would really let this (or anything else) slip?

Then again, I remember things like the auditioning of voice actors for SA where we got the three character names: Madd Dogg, Maria & Maccer. And I think that was pre March 1st 2004. Also didn't Danny Dyer announce he was in SA well before we knew anything about it. *shrug*

the punisher 03-11-2007 07:25 AM

R* wouldn't let this slip...

fluff 03-11-2007 07:39 AM

i have one thing to say wooo hardcore

Slim Trashman 03-11-2007 08:46 AM

I think it's quite strange how a lot of people seem to be pointing to New York as a possible setting. I mean, it's already been done in GTA III and Liberty City Stories. Remember that this will still take place in the "world of GTA" even though the game is going to be all new, Liberty City can't just disappear.

Just in case, I may try to track down some of their songs, just to get a hint of the soundtrack (possibly).

Thundercracker 03-11-2007 03:02 PM

What this DOES say is that the game will take place in the late 80's and up.

nOs jOn 03-11-2007 03:21 PM

I am dead sure it will not be in a real name place, you saw the uproar there was with how Haitian people were represented in Vice City.. imagine what there would be if it was named after a real city... R* would get sued by a city for defamation... not to say that other games have done this... but GTA is big business gets alot of attention... being sued by NY... well thats like a million Jack Thompsons running at you at once! aargh!

Hell Inferno X2 03-11-2007 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nOs jOn
I am dead sure it will not be in a real name place, you saw the uproar there was with how Haitian people were represented in Vice City.. imagine what there would be if it was named after a real city... R* would get sued by a city for defamation... not to say that other games have done this... but GTA is big business gets alot of attention... being sued by NY... well thats like a million Jack Thompsons running at you at once! aargh!

But that hadnt stopped other GTA-style games from using real cities such as True Crime series, The Getaway which even uses real licensed vehicles and these games also use racial stereotypes to progress the plot.

nOs jOn 03-11-2007 05:13 PM

yeh but none of those games earn as much money as GTA or as much hype...

Scott 03-11-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nOs jOn
yeh but none of those games earn as much money as GTA or as much hype...

Honestly, I was more hyped for TC:LA than I was for SA.

The only thing that will ever beat my hype for VC will be my wedding day, possibly. No guarantees.

As to the soundtrack..just because they said they'd been contacted, doesn't mean they were.

Also, because they said they were, they probably lost out on that deal, if they actually were contacted.

Slim Trashman 03-11-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olin
What this DOES say is that the game will take place in the late 80's and up.

Didn't even realize that. Thank GOD. Finally will shut those "I WANT IT IN 1915!" people up.

Bladexen 03-11-2007 09:15 PM

Hmmm... I just want to point this out... GTA 1 had 3 cities, Vice City, Liberty, and san andrease, they where all in 1 install ment of a engine, and the last one (SA) had 3 citites, could it be possible, GTAIV will start in a WAY WAY WAY more complex version of Los Santos, the next one, complex SF, and Complex Las Venturas. The only problem with that is for gtaIV, Las venturas would have to be 3 cities... But in reality, I think it could be multily cities, big cities that are known like, chicago, salt lake city, atlanta ga, Washington DC, ect. Washington DC would be great, now that I think of it... Trying to sneak into the white house.. Great!