GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Test run GTAIV.. (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85160)

nOs jOn 03-07-2007 10:22 PM

Test run GTAIV..

Rockstar North is looking for game testers. They are offering an 8month contract which if you were hired in April would finish in December... therefor its likely that GTAIV would be one of the games in that period of time that you would be required to test.

Link: http://www.rockstargames.com/jobs/

*from the page

ROCKSTAR NORTH - Games Tester

Job Description

Rockstar North is looking for enthusiastic and passionate game testers to join its QA teams. You will be expected to play through our games looking for problems and accurately reporting errors to ensure game quality before release.

The position is for a full-time fixed term contract running for eight months.

Candidates must be 18 years of age and above and provide two references. To apply please send your CV and a covering letter or email detailing your history as a gamer and why you think you have the skills to make a good tester.

Required

* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must; as is attention to detail and good general computer skills, including word-processing; working with databases and spreadsheets.

Desired

* Previous industry experience with software QA would be advantageous but not essential.

PLEASE NOTE: Rockstar are only interested in direct applications for this position and will not be inviting agencies to forward candidates.

cv@rockstarnorth.com

Rockstar North
Calton Square
1 Greenside Row
Edinburgh
EH1 3AP
att: Recruitment

http://www.rockstarnorth.com

Slim Trashman 03-07-2007 10:26 PM

Damn, well good news too anyone with the experience and of age. Unfortunately, I'm under 18 :(

Thanks for sharing this though.

Thundercracker 03-07-2007 10:46 PM

Some of you guys should really snap this one up asap. If I could I'd do it, but I really lack experience, a year on my life and a necessary console.

The top Don 03-07-2007 11:38 PM

ohhhhhh 3 more years

Ash_735 03-08-2007 01:19 AM

Rockstar NYC are also looking for Game Testers, surely someone could try out, I would but lacking a few months on age.

victim 03-08-2007 01:29 AM

If I was 18 I'd almost definitely do it. However I wouldn't as it would most likely involve me moving to Edinburgh.

The top Don 03-08-2007 01:38 AM

someone from GTA has to be able to go (give us the info)

Xeroer 03-08-2007 02:19 AM

/me applies.

Jimmy_86 03-08-2007 02:25 AM

Pretty interesting. I'd consider it if I didn't live about as far away from Edinburgh as you possibly can. Olin's right, someone should definately apply. Clansman lives in Scotland doesn't he?

EDIT: Nice one Xeroer!

Xeroer 03-08-2007 03:01 AM

Few things you should remember when applying, and those with expience know these all too well.

- Testing video games is often a dull and repetitive job.
- The pay is usually like you are doing it for community service.
- In some environments, Q.A testers have a tough time with the "higher" employees in the production team. E.g. programmers.
- Start early, finish late.
- Nothing you see/do/hear will leave the office. You will be in a legal binding contract that will prevent you from letting anyone know what you do.

I can imagine with these projects, there would be severe consequences for leaking the smallest detail.

T-Virus 03-08-2007 05:50 AM

Hey! I might very well consider this. Most of the work might be boring, but it's worth a shot. I don't really have good computerskills though, but I've been through some beta testing. F.ex BF 2142 Northern strike.

Xeroer 03-08-2007 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Virus
Hey! I might very well consider this. Most of the work might be boring, but it's worth a shot. I don't really have good computerskills though, but I've been through some beta testing. F.ex BF 2142 Northern strike.

What type of bugs did you have to documentate?

And was it in-house?

Working in beta teams online is so very different to QA testing in an office. You need to documentate very clearly (with extensive knowledge of the workings of the system/computer/game etc) to the programmers, and others in the production team.

phreak 03-08-2007 07:52 AM

I'm 19 and have a 360, and hell, I'd do it. But I think because it's Rockstar North, it means I'd have to move to Scotland right? I've wanted to go to the UK for a while now, but I don't quite think I'm ready to move there just yet :P

I'm a Robot 03-08-2007 08:14 AM

Dammit it isn't fair probably the majority of GTA game players are under the age of 18 dang this stinks:(
And even if i was 18 or on up i'd have to move and take along plane flight from South Carolina to Scotland.:(

T-Virus 03-08-2007 08:28 AM

Oh.. I didn't even think of the location of this. Well, Norway is a bit to far away.
I'm not that certain that most GTA players are below 18. Practicly every dude I know plays GTA, or have played it since GTA 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeroer
What type of bugs did you have to documentate?

And was it in-house?

Working in beta teams online is so very different to QA testing in an office. You need to documentate very clearly (with extensive knowledge of the workings of the system/computer/game etc) to the programmers, and others in the production team.

I only reported glitches in the game actually. From my own living room. I only have basic computer skills, so I'll guess this is not for me. I'm old enough though. Probably the oldest member on this forums:)