GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   western european setting? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85130)

Kodo 03-07-2007 12:10 PM

western european setting?

I don't remember where but I read a suggestion of the game taking place in Europe. I was thinking they wouldn't want the game to be too much like that one game in London (I forgot the title) and would probably come up with something better than GTA London. After watching the Black Donnellys last night, I would like the main character to be a guy in an Irish crime family. Irish guys are pretty tough and it would be something different than an Italian mobster or west coast gangmember.

Cutts 03-07-2007 12:19 PM

True, and I believe the game your talking about is The Getaway? Never watched this Black Donnellys program before. Is it any good?

Xan 03-07-2007 12:23 PM

Yeah it would be pretty awesome, though we still have to wait and see when the trailer comes out. Hope i won't be disappointed

UnleadedPenguin 03-07-2007 12:30 PM

I reckon it won't be set in London. I'll be a completely new city, one we haven't played in before. GTA's 1 & 2 established the principal GTA cities (LC, VC, SA) and GTA3, VC, & SA were Rockstar finally realising their dreams of rendering those original cities in 3D. GTA London, GTA Advance, LCS & VCS were pretty much just add-on packs to the main games so they can't be counted. R* will take the franchise forward by creating a new city, but judging by previous tradition it will be a thinly-veiled parody of an existing metropolis (usually in the US).

Scott 03-07-2007 01:03 PM

LC, VC and SA were all in the original GTA. GTA2 was set in Carcer City I believe and GTA London was an add-on like LCS and VCS, you needed GTA2 to play it.

Slim Trashman 03-07-2007 01:06 PM

Well LCS and VCS were their own games, not add-ons. London: 1969/61 were mission packs that required GTA (the original) to play.

Scott 03-07-2007 01:08 PM

Oh, I thought GTA London needed GTA2 to play.

Was GTA2 set in Carcer City? I know it was set in the future, but I'm not sure whether it was Carcer City.

Slim Trashman 03-07-2007 01:13 PM

Yeah it was futuristic Carcer City, but not too much into the future. 2010 or something maybe.

Scott 03-07-2007 01:14 PM

Ahh.

Which would leave me to believe Carcer City is a big possibility for GTAIV.

Where's Carcer City supposed to be anyway? Detroit, Chicago..?

Slim Trashman 03-07-2007 01:17 PM

Carcer City is supposed to be like a mix of New Jersey and New York, or something of that sort.

I'm a Robot 03-07-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Carcer City is supposed to be like a mix of New Jersey and New York, or something of that sort.

I'd say more New Jerseyish than New Yorkish.

Scott 03-07-2007 01:21 PM

Ahh I had thought as much. Because the bank at the start of GTAIII looked like the Bank of AMerica or whatever it's called in NY.

Also Slim, I get this very odd feeling like you'd love a New Jersey setting. For some reason..

phreak 03-07-2007 02:18 PM

Probably because he lives there :P

DJ Nick 03-07-2007 03:19 PM

Its kinda strange, the game is made in Scotland, yet they haven't made one set in Scotland :P

Lynk 03-07-2007 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodo
I don't remember where but I read a suggestion of the game taking place in Europe. I was thinking they wouldn't want the game to be too much like that one game in London (I forgot the title) and would probably come up with something better than GTA London. After watching the Black Donnellys last night, I would like the main character to be a guy in an Irish crime family. Irish guys are pretty tough and it would be something different than an Italian mobster or west coast gangmember.

<3 you for mentioning the irish.
+Rep.