GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   Who has pre-ordered already? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85003)

Slim Trashman 03-04-2007 03:29 PM

Who has pre-ordered already?

ny of you guys pre-ordered yet? I did back in January, I think the day after they started accepting. I need no media/information to know GTA IV will own.

phreak 03-04-2007 03:30 PM

I'm not going to preorder anything anymore after what I went through with SA.

I will just wake up, and go to Best Buy the second it opens to get my copy.

Ash_735 03-04-2007 03:35 PM

I'm not going to pre-order, Game shops around here usually stock loads anyway, Never seen a Game get sold out or seen people having to wait til a new game comes back in stock, consoles yes, but not games.

Slim Trashman 03-04-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phreak
I'm not going to preorder anything anymore after what I went through with SA.

I will just wake up, and go to Best Buy the second it opens to get my copy.

What'd you go through with SA? I'm sure you posted it before, but I can't remember. I don't think I'll have any problems with my pre-order, since I did it 10 months ahead of time.

Ipenguin 03-04-2007 04:30 PM

I gotta get going to EB Games to pre-order it. I know its going to be sold out on launch.... after we start to hear about all the new features and stuff..... Thank god I pre-ordered SA. My EB Games at the local mall was selling them to the pre-ordered people at 7 pm the night before it was official released. The line was long, it took about 30 mins to get to the counter and the EB in my mall is very small so the line went down into the hall.

Jimmy_86 03-04-2007 04:52 PM

I will be pre ordering but not until I get whatever console. And that probably won't be until after my trip to the UK in the middle of the year.

Jon P 03-04-2007 05:33 PM

no need my buddy works at an electronics store so I'll get him to hold a copy for me he's as much a GTA freak as most of us :P

Xeroer 03-04-2007 07:12 PM

I haven't preordered.
But I intend on doing so.

Slim Trashman 03-04-2007 07:43 PM

Xeroer! :)

Awhile no see ;)

swallowed 03-04-2007 08:07 PM

I don't have a Playstation 3 yet or an XBox 360 :(

Lettermaniac 03-04-2007 08:27 PM

I'll be pre - ordering, probably in a month or so.

HH 03-04-2007 08:29 PM

I'm on the same boat as swallowed here. I own neither a 360 or PS3. However, I hope to get one this summer.

If so, I won't be preordering.

Even though I did preorder San Andreas, and had it the minute it launched, I doubt I will have to here. I will just go to Best Buy the day it launches and pick it up; shouldn't be a hassle.

LCS wasn't, and I also bought that on launch day (then again, the PSP wasn't very popular at the time, and still isn't a very credited system).

I don't expect having trouble to find it whatsoever, in the case I do buy an Xbox 360 this summer.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I will preorder it, IF I do have a 360, and a local store here is still accepting preorders and tell me I will get it on launch day.

It's only $5 [to preorder], I might just preorder it anyway, to be honest :P

phreak 03-04-2007 08:37 PM

I guess I could pitch $5 for a reserve.

Slim: To be short it went like this:

1) I preorder SA from Best Buy's website
2) I pay for the most expensive shipping option available (overnight air)
3) Day of SA's release - No game in hand
4)I say "fuck it" and whip out my last $50 to go the local Best Buy where I find out they have hundreds of copies
5) I get my ordered game on Friday, after the Tuesday it came out
6) I take ordered game back, but am not refunded shipping costs

Slim Trashman 03-04-2007 09:12 PM

Damn well that sucks. In store pre-ordering is the way to go. You're pretty much guaranteed your copy when you talk with them face to face.

Larry Novellino 03-04-2007 09:59 PM

No pre-order for me. I usually just buy my games from Gamefly. If I get a copy on release, I get a new one.