GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   GTA IV Exclusice Content in '08 (X360 & PS3) (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84831)

victim 02-28-2007 10:45 PM

GTA IV Exclusive Content in '08 (X360 & PS3)

Quote:

Grand Theft Auto IV, the next-generation console debut of the genre-defining franchise, will be shipped simultaneously for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION®3 in October. Starting in 2008, Rockstar will introduce exclusive episodic content downloads for Grand Theft Auto IV.
Keep in mind that it was said to be serious content, not just new cars or clothes.

Thanks to Adriaan at GTA Portable

Mazzlow 03-01-2007 12:55 AM

Yea, serious content.
Not like other games er, Saints Row

Xan 03-01-2007 05:42 AM

I just hope when a PC port comes out in 2008 or whenever i just hope that the Extra content won't be left in the dark for PC users.

If so i'm sure there is a way to rip it from the consoles

Slim Trashman 03-01-2007 01:45 PM

Hopefully this won't be too late into 2008, but I'm sure GTA IV itself will keep us all occupied for quite awhile that this content won't matter much. Also hope that the PS3 version will get some exclusive content, as it's only been rumored, but not yet confirmed.

CaliMex 03-01-2007 02:29 PM

Me too Xan, me too. I don't want to be left out of the content unless it's not really worth it. Are they going to sell that content or will it be free? Will that affect the PC version or will the content be included while new updates would be made available for free? Will there even be a PC version? Nooo, there better be! *Waives foot*

I want the PC version so badly and I'm willing to pay 4 to 5 times the amount of a PS3 for a new comp, just for GTA IV. Of course, I need to money for that and I only have a few hundred. Can anyone spare a dollar? How about a dime, quarter, nickel or penny even?

Oh yeah, vicitim, you misspelled exclusive in the title (a c instead of a v).

PC for win! Haha, I forget the "the" word.

victim 03-01-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Hopefully this won't be too late into 2008, but I'm sure GTA IV itself will keep us all occupied for quite awhile that this content won't matter much. Also hope that the PS3 version will get some exclusive content, as it's only been rumored, but not yet confirmed.

I was thinking more like Jan/Feb. But I guess it could be anywhere in 08, going off this.

X-reS 03-02-2007 12:21 AM

I think it is a bunch of bullshit. There robbing fans of a experience by making certain content for each system. How am I supposed to be a dedicated fan if I can even see all sides of the story. All the things I miss. Pisses me off.

victim 03-02-2007 01:18 AM

Chances are the exclusive content will end up the same on both systems (just released at different times).

After all, how long did III, VC and SA stay exclusive to the PS2. Or VCS and LCS to the PSP for that matter.

Xan 03-02-2007 06:49 AM

I expect if they are worried about people pirating their Exclusive Content on PC, For my sake i'd say let them have a Authentication system that resembles Steam, instead of a Pirated CDKey slip and slide i'd would sound better