San Andreas Weather Modification, Version 2
LAST UPDATED: Jan 10, 2008
Alright, so i've finally finished a rather big update for this mod. I thought it would be appropriate to make a new thread, since the old one is dead.
- Improved draw distance
- Improved sunrises and sunsets
- Improved lighting (Its not as bright as version 1 was, nor as yellowish, and certainly not as dull as the original game)
- more realistic sky colors (no pale blue and flourescent yellow skies anymore!)
- improved moon (its smaller and higher resolution)
- improved high altitude clouds
Here's some comparison screenshots for you to enjoy:
- Extract "timecyc.dat" to your data folder
- Using TXD editor [found either here or at gtagarage] replace "coronamoon" texture inside of particle.txd found in models folder with mine.
Also, be sure to turn down your in-game brightness down as low as possible. Otherwise the game will be too bright. You've been warned. :)
Please respond with comments, and be sure to check back every so often for updates! Thanks!
You never cease to amaze me, I'm sure this one will be more popular than the first, Great Job!
Thanks for the grand update, Mr. Weatherman. I am trying it out right now. :)
Oh, forgot to mention...don't forget to turn your in-game brightness down to the lowest!!
Hmm the screens look good except the bone county one, is it possible to fix the overbrightness on the buildings in the daytime? Other than that the mod looks great :)
Its possible, but i tried it and i thought it made the appearance a bit dull...
As for bone county, the desert really does get that dark....
Check this real photo taken in Death Valley:
er wait, not bone county, I meant the Las Venturas Strip, looked at the wrong title =/ sorry, the Y shaped building looks overbright.
I can't download + i don't have SA Mod Installer. And imo it's still overbright, looks better though.
That is insane rcguy! But i wish i still had the game installed. Rockstar threw a couple of stuff in to make it realistic. That was the demise
Once again, you have made a killer mod. This is even more awesome than the first one. Thanks for this.
By the way Rcguy, your sig owns:)
Nice work rcguy. Nice to see you again with an even better version of the weather mod.
The pic looks like it was took in Miami.
That is an awesome difference for showing details in pics now, great job man. :)
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:38 AM.|