GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Series Discussion (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   VCS Website & Trailer (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76719)

Zidane 09-05-2006 09:15 PM

VCS Website & Trailer

From the main page.

The official (and very flashy!) Vice City Stories website is up! Along with the first trailer, and some other... totally rad! bits of information. You can check it all out here.

So far, the game looks very advanced, and graphically amazing for the PSP. The music in the trailer really fits Vice City, so the game's soundtrack seems promising! Not to mention the voice actors sound great! Definitely more updates soon.

Asif 09-06-2006 01:08 AM

I hope the next update is on just 3 weeks later, say 26th September.

elias01 09-06-2006 01:22 AM

This is soo awesome

I can't wait for the game to come out, I like that song, Foreigner - I want to know what love is.

I think this game is going to rock...

well it's made by rockstar...:lick: :laugh: :smoke:

Fry 09-06-2006 02:43 AM

A few new or now confirmed facts-
-"I Wanna Know What Love Is" from early-80s rock band Foreigner plays in the background and will feature in the game.
-The site also confirmed that Vice City Stories will indeed have multiplayer, but had no details yet.
-The Web site also has a brief promotional trailer for disco channel Paradise FM and rock station V-Rock, which will once again feature the character of DJ Lazlo.
-Also included are reports on the so-called "Trailer Park Mafia" taking over some of Vice City's poorer districts
-Once Vice City voice actor that does appear to be returning in VCS is Danny Trejo (Heat, Desperado). His character, Cuban gangster Umberto Robina, appears in the trailer
-Diaz will return as he's in the trailer.
-Lance looks rather nerdy and is beleived to be a drug addict in this game.
-A guy who looks alot like a younger Mike Toreno makes an appearance in the trailer but im not 100% sure its him.
-Leaf Links is in the game as speculated

Also included on the site are several mock news stories, including one for the "Bait and Switch" Vice City boat show and the "Domestebot" home robot from Vice City.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockStar
Vice City, 1984. Opportunity abounds in a city emerging from the swamps, its growth fueled by the violent power struggle in a lucrative drug trade. Construction is everywhere as a shining metropolis rises from foundations of crime and betrayal.

As a soldier, Vic Vance has always protected his dysfunctional family, his country, [and] himself. One bad decision later and that job is about to get much harder. Kicked out onto the streets of a city torn between glamour and gluttony, Vic is faced with a stark choice--build an empire or be crushed

Asif 09-06-2006 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fry
The Web site also has a brief promotional trailer for disco channel Paradise FM and rock station V-Rock, which will once again feature the character of DJ Lazlo.

Who told you that? It's Couzin Ed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fry
Also included are reports on the so-called "Trailer Park Mafia" taking over some of Vice City's poorer districts

I've speculated the place already.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/show...21#post1310421

victim 09-06-2006 02:46 AM

Look closer on the website Asif. It says Couzin Ed and Intern Lazlow.

Asif 09-06-2006 02:49 AM

Ah Thanks victim, How I missed that! ;P
Lazlow wont be talking that much as before I guess, Couzin Ed is looking much more dominative here.

Also...
WAV 103 is having Adam First again; This time with a lady Trish Camden, will nag all the time, as it seems . :|

victim 09-06-2006 03:03 AM

It seems like Couzin Ed and Lazlow are shaping up to be like Andee and Cliff from Lips 106 in Liberty. Also the addition of Trish Camden should be awesome because she's british and Wave 103 seems to be focused on Brit New Wave music.

Also I noticed in the trailer Vic wore alot of different coloured polo shirts. As I said in another thread it would be good if you would be able to buy lots of different pre-set outfits inside different retailers in Vice. Each retailer has specialty outfits, such as beachware. And youd be able to change at your safehouse similar to the way in San Andreas only with LCS elements like a simple icon but once you enter the icon you have different stores then each store has the pre-sets inside (like a simplified San Andreas clothing System which runs alot faster).

Asif 09-06-2006 03:31 AM

All I could noticed from the trailer and all screenshots, he was wearing 3 different tops and 3 different bottoms.

Snap1
Snap2
Snap3
Snap4

But this jet-ski one is completely different though.

.:nemesis:. 09-06-2006 03:32 AM

I recognised a few other tunes on Wave 103 as being...

Japan - Quite life

Yazoo - Dont go

Human League - Love action

They are definetly good examples of the retro 80's music scene.

victim 09-06-2006 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asif
All I could noticed from the trailer and all screenshots, he was wearing 3 different tops and 3 different bottoms.

Snap1
Snap2
Snap3
Snap4

But this jet-ski one is completely different though.

Which provens my point really. Like you dont see the same pair of pants twice. Or you dont see the same pair of pants with a different shirt.

Edit: Ive also noticed the re-modelled Vic. His head dosn't seem as round any more. Which is cool. He looks meaner now.

T-Virus 09-06-2006 04:08 AM

i also noticed Holy Diver by Dio for the V-Rock. Man i love those radiostation teasers.

victim 09-06-2006 04:43 AM

I was re-watching the trailer just then and when I heard Vic talk when he says' "Probably not," to the guy that asks him if he's trustworthy. He does actually have a South American tone to his voice. Although it's mainly black. Still, has anyone recognised his voice yet? because I really dont think it's Ving Rhames.

.:nemesis:. 09-06-2006 04:52 AM

Hahaha....just seen the ad for Camus Jeans but it's pronounced " camo " which is of course another of R* little quirks to sexual references. :P

Asif 09-06-2006 05:51 AM

By the way, R* has uploaded their trailer on youtube.com. I should have checked in much before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FfbOCLzgp4