GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   GTA V Tilt-Shift - San Andreas Miniatures (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143482)

Lukeyy19 01-21-2014 05:51 PM

GTA V Tilt-Shift - San Andreas Miniatures

I recently got a PVR and decided I wanted to do something with it, I remembered seeing a Tilt-shift in GTA IV and have always thought they look pretty cool and wanted to give one a try, so I did.

It's not perfect, some shots are better than others but i'm pretty pleased with it for my first attempt at a tilt-shift, let me know what you think.

Killerfist 01-21-2014 06:47 PM

Awesome, from a distance like that it almost looks real

voodoo 01-22-2014 09:24 AM

Cool vid man.

eli 01-22-2014 09:48 AM

I don't want to be the hater here Lukey but I'm gonna do it anyways.

I think you should pick better angles and use a shallower depth of field. I don't feel the tilt-shift/miniature feeling in a single shot in your video. Sometime it's almost there but it gets destroyed because of a tree or a building that's slightly in or out of focus.

The idea is cool but the execution could be a lot better. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll nail it!

Lukeyy19 01-22-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eli (Post 2311839)
I don't want to be the hater here Lukey but I'm gonna do it anyways.

I think you should pick better angles and use a shallower depth of field. I don't feel the tilt-shift/miniature feeling in a single shot in your video. Sometime it's almost there but it gets destroyed because of a tree or a building that's slightly in or out of focus.

The idea is cool but the execution could be a lot better. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll nail it!

I agree with you that better angles would have helped, and if I had a free camera then I could have done better I think, but the areas and angles I could shoot at were limited by the fact I could only shoot from places where I could airlift a van onto with a Cargobob and then get a clear view from that position (lips on roofs and railings are a pain in the ass).

I tried to mask in or out upright objects as much as I could but it's my first try so It's not perfect, I know. After spending so much time watching it over and over while editing it I can barely see the effect anymore either. I guess you need a little imagination while watching it to get the miniature feeling as it's a post-processed effect as opposed to being shot with a tilt-shifted lens, on any post-processed tilt-shift video if you look enough into it you'll stop seeing the miniature effect.

If GTA V does come to PS4 and I can record in higher quality with HDMI then I'll give this another go, and spend more time trying to get better shots beforehand, I also wanted to include audio but I had issues with the audio recording so couldn't, but hopefully can next time.

Russ 01-22-2014 02:29 PM

I like it, looks pretty cool.