GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Favorite radio/talk station? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143179)

j_harvill 11-15-2013 06:44 PM

Favorite radio/talk station?

What's your favorite?

jwrebholz 11-15-2013 10:34 PM

I wasn't super-crazy about any of them at first, but they're warming up to me. I like LSRR and The Low-Down, but Non-Stop Pop has a few gems in it and Rebel Radio is pretty good too. The only stations I don't listen to at all are the rap stations.

j_harvill 11-15-2013 10:38 PM

Non stop pop/pet shop boys/west end girls great song. I can stand the "classic" rap station but not the new rap nigga shit.

victim 11-16-2013 02:41 AM

I really like Vinewood Boulevard Radio, even though the guys from Wavves are total dicks.

Killerfist 11-16-2013 06:10 AM

Hard to choose just one but los santos rock is the one I listened to most. I also love vinewood boulevard radio, the lowdown, rebel radio and occassionaly radio mirror park. Blue ark can be quite good too, so basically everything but rap and pop

PzKpfw VI 11-16-2013 08:24 AM

Mirror park was okay at times, so was non-stop pop with a few of the tracks. I really dislike the entire radio collection. It's an unimaginative collection of D class pop music. All the radio stations are pop, and they suck. IMHO Sure there is some rap, but it's the pop kinda rap. GTA V radio FAIL

P.S. I couldn't believe my own self, but for the majority of the game I kept the radio off.

Killerfist 11-16-2013 10:21 AM

That's bullshit, there's such a variety in music.. you really didn't listen to any of it if you call it all pop music. I wouldn't dare to call Johnny Cash a popartist, same goes for The Black Angels and about 90% of the rest of the music

If you really can't find any music you like then you're just too damn picky

Tyler 11-16-2013 02:52 PM

FlyLo FM and Radio Los Santos.

Havok_Jro 11-16-2013 02:58 PM

El Sondito.

UN DOS TRES QUATRO

victim 11-16-2013 03:37 PM

^mmmmyes

j_harvill 11-16-2013 03:53 PM

Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band is not fucking pop.
I wouldn't consider Phil Collins pop either.

Channel X=no pop

Havok_Jro 11-16-2013 03:56 PM

To be honest East Los FM is actually pretty amazing, but ignored because of the espanol.

eli 11-16-2013 04:21 PM

I really like Radio Mirror Park. The DJ is awesome. The stupid hipster remarks he makes during the breaks are very funny.

ska 11-16-2013 07:11 PM

We're searching for that perfect beat, it's Gilles Peterson

seeing him live this month, can't wait.

PzKpfw VI 11-17-2013 07:55 AM

Yes, I am picky with my music. But I did give the radio a good try, there are exceptions to this generalized statement that I made, yes; there a quite a few tracks that aren't pop in any way. What I was stating, perhaps too bluntly, is that the impression as a whole I have of the radio stations is very much pop.

example, you say Channel X is no pop. By any genre sorting process it's clear that it is not pop. Yet my whole impressions of that radio station is the same bad aftertaste I get after listening bad pop. (What I consider as) I don't know the band playing Amoeba, but judging by what I heard from them, I wouldn't want to know them. They don't sound punk to me, or rock, or anything in any damn way. They sound like some wanna be hard poppers.

Please see I have no quarrel with genres, I enjoy a variety of varied music.

Call me a snob, but I believe at least 50% of the music in-game is heavily pop-influenced and I dislike it. (Not beacuse any genres influenced it per se, but because I find it weak)

I am sorry to agitate anyone, that's the best I can do to explain myself for this matter.

P.S. I would call Phil Collins pop. And damn fine pop at that.