GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273)
-   -   PLS HELP!!! weapon.ivaud (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143159)

RED_MONKEY® 11-09-2013 02:58 PM

PLS HELP!!! weapon.ivaud
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys,
i have a problem
when i go to:
AUDIO > SFX > RESIDENT.RPF > and replace the org. (WEAPONS sound bank) with a modded one
(BF3 , FARCRY 3 , Realistic.. weapon sound mod (.ivaud)
when i start the game it gives me a black screen and stay at there forever :( so i needed to restart
my computer and replaced the modded one again with the Original file to make sure it isn't
something else..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mods:
-Ultimate HD car pack V3
-Trafficload
-SimpleNativeTrainer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now:
How can i fix this or do this ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
###All help is appreciated :)###
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
specs
GTAIV v1.0.4.0 (same error with v1.0.7.0)
i7 4700m Quadcore x64
GT 740m 2GB
8GB ram
1600x900
windows 8

GTAIV -STEAM-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thnxs,
RED_MONKEY
(experienced modder)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PzKpfw VI 11-09-2013 03:32 PM

You may check that the actual mod you'e trying to use isn't corrupted in any way. Tried downloading again?

RED_MONKEY® 11-09-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PzKpfw VI (Post 2306542)
You may check that the actual mod you'e trying to use isn't corrupted in any way. Tried downloading again?

i tried 3 diffrent weapon sound mods...
and i reinstalled GTAIV
still not working

~Car sound mods work.. but i still don't get my weapon mod give me a freeze/close~

PzKpfw VI 11-09-2013 03:46 PM

I have no clue. Perhaps try replacing a single audio file for a specific weapon, if that doesn't work which I suspect it won't still, might at least give you a better pointer as to what exactly the problem is. Good luck.

RED_MONKEY® 11-09-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PzKpfw VI (Post 2306545)
I have no clue. Perhaps try replacing a single audio file for a specific weapon, if that doesn't work which I suspect it won't still, might at least give you a better pointer as to what exactly the problem is. Good luck.

the problem is when i replace the Original weapon file (sound bank)
with a modded one (.ivaud) my GTAIV stops working
i will try to place the files 1 for 1 in it but the tool makes it a .ivaud

~I will let u know what the result is and i am installing GTAIV again :)~

PzKpfw VI 11-09-2013 03:58 PM

Don't forget to backup, save yourself the reinstall time.

Killerfist 11-09-2013 03:58 PM

Are you using OpenIV? if so that's the problem.. use SparkIV for modding audio files

I'd hold of on the reinstallation, that won't do you much good if you have a backup of the audio file anyway

RED_MONKEY® 11-09-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfist (Post 2306548)
Are you using OpenIV? if so that's the problem.. use SparkIV for modding audio files

I'd hold of on the reinstallation, that won't do you much good if you have a backup of the audio file anyway

Yeah i know but i needed to get rid of the mods first and do a clean install..

Quote:

Originally Posted by PzKpfw VI (Post 2306547)
Don't forget to backup, save yourself the reinstall time.

i know but downloading it again is faster then the backup
backup : 15mins
Reinstall (steam) 10min:)



status: *FIXED*


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.