GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   GTA Online - Has your character been deleted? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143010)

Zidane 10-07-2013 10:28 AM

GTA Online - Has your character been deleted?

I lost my rank 18 character last night at around 11 PM est, lost my 150k apartment, four heavily customized vehicles, lost all my clothes, makeup and hairstyles, weapons and stats. This is a poll to generalize just how many people's characters have been deleted. Overall I've had my character deleted a total of four times.

At least Rockstar is being open about the issues and they're working to fix it, but it's still incredibly frustrating.

jcmoorehead 10-07-2013 10:34 AM

I've had three characters deleted so far, two I created around launch time, and a third from Friday, was about rank 7 and had sunk a vast amount of time into her on the day, not quite as much as yours but still enough.

Gui 10-07-2013 10:36 AM

Nope, rank 23, same character since launch day.

Big Fella 10-07-2013 11:41 AM

Mine got deleted yesterday. This is the first for me. But then again I couldn't get online until Friday night. And I was trying since launch.

Made a little video for R*

jwrebholz 10-07-2013 11:44 AM

Still have my character, but I've barely used it. I think I've logged maybe 45 minutes total online?

swallowed 10-07-2013 11:52 AM

The first character that i ended up making after online launched was deleted when i was around rank 5 or 6. Right now I have another character that's rank 11 or something but for all I know that one could be deleted now too. I'm just not taking any chances with the online here until all of this crap gets sorted out. Honestly, I haven't really been playing GTAO much, I've been way way too busy getting my university work finished to play much Xbox lol. So i'm hoping that when I finally do end up having time these problems won't be so bad.

Stu 10-07-2013 12:21 PM

Not since the PS3 patch.

Tim 10-07-2013 12:21 PM

Yes. Initially a couple of times during the first few days. In tempted to stay offline until I'm 100% this one isn't deleted and everything is fixed.

Killerfist 10-07-2013 12:24 PM

Made my character the very first day, couldn't play (any ferther than the intro clip) until 4 days later but I've never lost my character or car. I got the option to change my character at a certain point (not sure why) but other than the small changes I made then my character stayed the same.

gtaperson 10-07-2013 04:31 PM

Deleted 3 times. The one time it didn't, i'm missing money and stats.

Misanthrope 10-07-2013 04:58 PM

If you log in to the social club website, you can see the latest that the servers have for your character on the game stats screen. That's how I found out I lost 4 hours of work last night.

Tim 10-08-2013 01:42 AM

Played for about 3 hours last night. Seemed to run smoothly enough - game invites were working well.

Zidane 10-08-2013 02:31 AM

New post from the in-game Rockstar Newswire:

PREVENT CHARACTER LOSS
If you have an existing character but see an empty character slot in the selection screen, back out to Story Mode and re-enter GTA Online through the pause menu. Do not create a new character in the empty slot.

If 'The Rockstar Cloud Servers Are Unavailable", do not create a temporary character. Do not press 'Retry'. Instead, back out to Story Mode and try again.

We are working on a permanent fix for these issues.

Tim 10-08-2013 02:38 AM

Does that tempt you to create a new character at all zidane? ;)

Zidane 10-08-2013 02:40 AM

Dude I've been tempted to make a new character all day =P