GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   GTA Online - Your thoughts? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142999)

Zidane 10-03-2013 04:14 AM

GTA Online - Your thoughts?

For all of you who have been able to play GTA Online, what are your thoughts on it so far? What do you like/dislike? What would you add/remove/change? Let us know!

Jimmy_86 10-03-2013 04:24 AM

So far really enjoying it. Mostly been doing co-op missions and a little bit of racing plus some solo robberies to build up cash.

I'd like to try some parachuting activities with others but they don't unlock until rank 11 I think, so a lot of people can't select them yet. They can still be invited in though.

Police seem extra brutal on four stars online. Haven't gotten five yet.

Bonecrusher 10-03-2013 04:55 AM

Like - promoting the whole use your own car. Like I said in another thread, I stole a NPC's car and he sent me a text saying he put a bounty on my head. I played the survival game mode and loved that as well.

Dislike - Randomly getting cops after me for no reason whatsoever (unless they notice it's a stolen car, but I could have been driving around for an hour or so, and still get a star). Same problem as in IV, people killing you immediately when they see you.

Tim 10-03-2013 06:35 AM

From what I managed to finally play this morning and a little last night its good.

Confusing at first and I'm still trying to work out if you enter say a race in one location of the map is it the same long race as say another side of the map? Plus I've played three death matches, two have been in the same location. But its early days...

Zidane 10-03-2013 08:23 AM

I've been playing it all morning. So far, I love it. They thought of everything and I have no real complaints, except for ATM machines... They're pretty essential and I think should show up on the map. It's pretty annoying having to scramble to find one with $10k in your pocket and everyone trying to murder you at once.

TGF 10-03-2013 08:28 AM

I thought you could deposit money into your account on the phone?

I know I saw someone do it or something involving it on a stream...

I still have yet to play for myself yet. Probably later today or tomorrow, or next week.

Tim 10-03-2013 08:37 AM

Me and Zidane.

http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/...Y3XJlg/0_0.jpg

Zidane 10-03-2013 09:20 AM

I still can't believe how much your character looks like you xD

iKlipse 10-03-2013 09:20 AM

ATMs definitely should be marked on the map haha.

thenotsogoodtrickster 10-03-2013 09:42 AM

If you hold back/select you can set an ATM as a GPS location, although I'm not sure if it selects the closest one.

jwrebholz 10-03-2013 09:46 AM

Hold Select/Back to bring up the Quick Menu, and you can find an ATM via the GPS (I'm pretty sure it directs you to the closest one). Also, you can deposit money through your phone. Get online and go to the Maze Bank website. You can deposit cash from there. I have no idea how that's supposed to work. Do they take your word for it? Do you shove cash into the handset and the whole thing works like Wonkavision? Am I putting too much thought into this? Do you like pie?

As for my own online experiences, it's been...less than stellar. I haven't been attacked yet by another PC, but that's because I can't stay in the game long enough. I got the first race done, that was fine. Held up a liquor store, that went OK. Got some new threads, got myself a car (a blue and white Karin Futo with a carbon hood, if you see me say hi..and by say hi I don't mean "shoot me and take my stuff"). Went to the next mission, a team deathmatch, and I just sat in the lobby for 20 minutes and nothing happened. So it's still rough going.

Zidane 10-03-2013 10:01 AM

EDIT: Ha, forgot to reload the page when I replied ;P Thanks for the tips, guys!

You can go to your phone > internet > eyefine.info > maze bank > deposit :) mobile ATM ftw

iKlipse 10-03-2013 10:42 AM

Had a good game with zidane, rarely any problems for me. Only problems i came across was the loading screen freezing between game modes. Gta online is pretty amazing.

j_harvill 10-03-2013 10:42 AM

The only things that I've had issues with are the same that others are having.

It is very fun and addictive.
I don't like playing with people who fuck around and kill you for no god damn reason causing you to lose money.
Playing with friends who take it seriously is fun though.

Tim 10-03-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zidane (Post 2304738)
I still can't believe how much your character looks like you xD

Yeah I was quite pleased :D

Okay so just come home from work. Was playing online probably about 10 hours ago. Now it has not saved my character and when I go to play online its asking me to create a new one. WTF.