GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Xbox 360 play disc install size? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142946)

dokujitsu 09-27-2013 06:38 AM

Xbox 360 play disc install size?

Hey fellas.

First, yes I know that you're not supposed to install the play disc to the HDD but rather run it off of the dvd. I did see that it can be installed to a USB flash drive and streamed from there and work as good as, if not better than, running it off the disc.

I have yet to pick up a copy of the game for personal and financial reasons. I wanted to pick up a flash drive at some point beforehand dedicated for the game. So I was looking to see if anyone knew how many gigs the play disc install size would be?

Thanks for any info! :dy:

Ash_735 09-27-2013 07:20 AM

Required Install is 7.8GB, If you wish to install the Play Disc that's another 7.7GB needed (and even then they had to cut it down for the 360, it's even bigger on PS3 because of higher quality Audio!).

carldj90 09-28-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash_735 (Post 2304303)
Required Install is 7.8GB, If you wish to install the Play Disc that's another 7.7GB needed (and even then they had to cut it down for the 360, it's even bigger on PS3 because of higher quality Audio!).

What do you mean by "higher quality audio?"

TGF 09-28-2013 03:14 AM

No need to really worry about it.

It is only really there for sake of disk space.

It is practically unnoticeable.

dokujitsu 09-28-2013 09:25 AM

Thanks for the answer, Ash. I'll be getting a 16 gb flash drive (to be safe) for the play disc. I don't like the DVD running while I play. This is a first. I wanted a sure answer because I'm used to install sizes usually being anywhere between 4.5 and 7 GB.

dokujitsu 10-04-2013 11:26 AM

I didn't want to make a new thread because this is actually related.

Finally got myself a copy of 5 and played it by using disc 2. It ran fine, no problems. Maybe a pop in here and there. I had a flash drive on order in the meantime.

What I picked up was a USB 3.0 high speed 16GB drive. You can get whatever you like but I chose this one. I installed the disc straight to the drive.

I can actually see significant improvement. Summed up, load times are noticeably quicker. The disc doesn't have to run nonstop. Very happy with this option. R* said if you use a flash drive to make sure the read speed for it is at least 15MB/sec. The one for the drive I got is 30+.

Just passing this on so everyone knows what I've found out.

thenotsogoodtrickster 10-04-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carldj90 (Post 2304357)
What do you mean by "higher quality audio?"

Just a shot in the dark here but I think he means that the audio is of a higher quality.