GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   This game is blowing my fucking mind (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142944)

Vini 09-26-2013 07:25 PM

This game is blowing my fucking mind

I mean it's so detailed, it's incredible. Post some details that you noticed here. Here are some I noticed:
  • The clothing gets wet based on which part of it touches water, rain and sweat also have effects
  • Michael's flip flops actually fucking flop to his feet when he walks
  • The sound design is incredible, put some headphones on and stop anywhere in the game, especially in the city. The sounds will blow your mind.
  • When you turn the car off, you can hear the faint clicking noise it makes as the engine cools down.
  • The Police AI is just... WTF.. too real.
  • Radio frequently loses reception or changes based on where you are, GPS doesn't work in tunnels.
  • Birds can fly into your plane's propellers, messing you up a bit.
  • Power lines sway in high winds, sometimes causing outages.
  • Planes get crazy in turbulence, especially during thunderstorms, the lightning effects on water are incredible. Also underwater everything changes during a storm, the plants and fish go crazy.
  • During rain puddles form naturally on the streets
  • There's literally thousands of different ways you can damage your car and how it affects the handling
  • Gas leaks and trails can be ignited with car exhaust
  • Shooting metal causes sparks
  • When you drive into water, you don't start drowning right away, the car slowly gets filled with water
  • People move over on the highway if you start tailgating. Also if your brights are on, some drivers get disoriented
  • The bruises are blood spatters are amazing, sometimes they even stay as scars for a while if you get hit hard enough
  • If you flip off cops at a speed trap they will come after you
  • The water... THE FUCKING WATER.....

What else?

j_harvill 09-26-2013 07:31 PM

Tire tracks stay on dirt roads.

gtaperson 09-26-2013 08:04 PM

Find a parked car and start beating it with a baseball bat (if you don't have a bat just kick it). The dents and bumps on the car are so realistic.

jwrebholz 09-26-2013 09:16 PM

The characters will walk differently based on where they are. If they're on soft mud their feet sink in and they trudge through it.

The engine noises are SO much better than in GTA4. Big V8s have an appropriately throaty exhaust note, exotic V12s SCREAM and you can hear the blow-off valves on turbo cars. High-horsepower cars spit fire out the exhaust and I've even heard that oh so wonderful burbling noise when you let off the gas after running hard, those little pops and crackles from the overrun. And the car's exhaust tone will change if you put different exhaust systems on it.

A bird strike in a plane is a BAD THING.

The fact that some cars now have working convertible tops still blows my mind.

Elk will freeze if you catch them in your headlights at night.

J.Orlando 09-26-2013 09:31 PM

Okay -- I agree with what you wrote. The physics and the attention to detail are big winners.

But I'm still having some problems with the mechanics of being able to carry a mid-size arsenal around with me when I'm walking down the street.

It would have been more impressive to me to have the ability to buy a range of concealable handguns -- with the maximum allowable being, say, three (one holstered, one in a pocket, and a third the small of the back -- like in real life). I hate being able to just "whip out" a minigun. I also hate that every single weapon can be "customized" with a suppressor (except for the minigun... thank goodness...)

Suppressors don't work like they do in GTA V. They are noisier, and are much more quickly expendable. They also tend to cause more recoil and do less damage (and they have that correct in the HItman series. -- although the first two problems are never addressed by the Hitman developers, to their discredit...)

The only other big complaint is --

Watch much news?

No American police force responds in 30 seconds or less. 30 MINUTES and you're STILL trying to figure out what's going on. It would be advantageous to a logically-minded and intelligent player to be able to use this to pull off outrageous heists without even seeing a single squad car.

Wouldn't THAT be more fun?!

Legham 09-26-2013 10:55 PM

I like that each player has a different style of jacking cars. Trevor belts them in the face, michael just opens their door and points them out of the car. I can't remember what franklin does.

victim 09-27-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legham (Post 2304281)
I like that each player has a different style of jacking cars. Trevor belts them in the face, michael just opens their door and points them out of the car. I can't remember what franklin does.

He pulls people out like Tommy and Claude used to. I also like that they have different ways of breaking into cars. Franklin jimmies the door open, Michael uses his elbow and Trevor just fucking punches the window open... which would hurt like a motherfucker.

Jimmy_86 09-27-2013 09:21 AM

Even the stars on the Vinewood walk of fame have unique names on them. I took a casual walk along each side and read them all. They're all classic GTA celebs from GTA III through V.

To name a few: Donald Love, DJ Andi, Jezz Torrent, Candy Suxxx, OG Loc, Tommy [the nightmare] Smith, Reni Wassulmaier, Cousin Ed, Bluesy St John, Jill Von Crastenburg, Solomon Richards, Fernando Martinez and of course Lazlow.

j_harvill 09-27-2013 09:26 AM

Phil Cassidy?

I haven't really looked at them yet.

Tendercrisp 09-27-2013 04:17 PM

Rather than GTA IV's mouth flapping outside of cutscenes (remember when he chases Mikhail Faustin? Awful.), I've noticed that most in-mission dialogue is fully animated.

(incredibly minor spoiler)
Ex. I pulled up against a rock while in the submarine so I could point the camera at trevor's face as he talked over the phone. His mouth was moving perfectly to match his dialogue as though it were Skyrim or something. Only once has this not played true for me and it was a very short piece of dialogue where he called a taxi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwrebholz (Post 2304275)
Elk will freeze if you catch them in your headlights at night.

"Ten points!" -Trevor

Russ 09-29-2013 10:49 AM

I've noticed I'm controlling the character more like they're in a movie. I mean I've gone for a while as Michael and just had him drive around and act like Tom Cruise's character in Collateral. Trevor is just plain fun. Franklin gives that SA vibe but not bitchy like CJ. The characters are just plain fun and the score and soundtrack is amazing.

DeVer47 09-29-2013 10:17 PM

The Underwater is So Detailed..
The Sea Water is Great and Realistic
I Think Trevor Face, and Hair is the Most Detailed Than Others
People Face.. Detailed Except Their Fingers..
The Mountains Are Detailed..
Do you Notice that the Sky is Moving and Really Detailed about the Clouds?
The Shadow More Detailed than GTA IV
Dat Blood when you been shot or crash your car, Realistic..

The Most I Hated About GTA V are:
-The Interior when Night not Really Good..
-Really Easy to Get Killed by People, and Crash..

The Most i Loved About GTA V:
-Well, I Think The Physics for People Much More Good Except When you Crash your car or bikes..
-The Cars is A little Bit to the ground and Not A boat Like..
-Shadow and highligths Improved
-Shooting Improved!
-Guns Improved!
-STORYLINE Much More Complex and Great, I Love the Heist..

This Is My Opinion.. Maybe true maybe wrong

Algonquin 09-30-2013 04:26 PM

I just got the Cheval Surge after searching for it for bout 3 days :P as it's all electric and very quiet i noticed something i'd never noticed before. At speed down strawberry ave, as i went over the cross walks that were brick instead of asphalt, the sound changed as it does in real life.

jwrebholz 09-30-2013 09:00 PM

They've even taken the rumble strips on the freeway into account. You could pore over this game for weeks and not see everything.

j_harvill 09-30-2013 11:24 PM

There is a very large amount of motherfucking detail god damn macro detail. Puts skyrim to shame I think. Completely different genres but still.