GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   New GTA:Online details, over 500 missions, in development for 13 years (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142788)

Vini 09-11-2013 10:03 AM

New GTA:Online details, over 500 missions, in development for 13 years

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/11/gta-...omment-page-1/

This is crazy, the multiplayer component alone has over 5 times as many missions as all of GTA:IV. And it's been in development since Grand Theft Auto 3.

Quote:

“We’ve always wanted to create a world with the complexity of a single-player Grand Theft Auto game with the addition of real players,” he told Game Informer. “We wanted a world where people could spend years without getting bored of playing the same content over and over.
  • There’s over 500 missions – some solo and some requiring a team.
  • It takes place after the events of GTA 5.
  • Players will need to do “whatever it takes to get more money in the bank” and procure assets like cars and real estate.
  • Characters appear in cutscenes when interacting with other characters .
  • Female characters can be used in GTA Online.
  • Activities in the core game are also included such as: “heists, missions, robberies, assaulting gang hideouts, hijacking armored vehicles, races, tennis, golf and base jumping”.
  • Biker gangs can support you during missions if you’re on good terms with them.
  • Rockstar uses a “dynamic” system to populate GTA Online and “”there are options to let the game decide who to play with… or you can hand pick every player in the game”.
  • There’s a crew ranking system and a personal rank.
  • Starting skills are based on chosen lifestyles, and can be upgraded along with your character’s look.
  • The crew leader will decide who keeps the loot after a mission is completed.
  • Players can kill you and take your cash, so its best to make use of ATM machines as often as possible. Purchases can still be made using the money even if it’s in the bank.
  • If you are robbed, you can put a bounty on said player.
  • You can invite friends to your home and drink, call strippers, watch TV shows , etc.
  • Missions are controlled through Rockstar’s Social Club, which means the developer tweak them regularly.

gta4crazy1 09-11-2013 10:08 AM

damn this is gonna be sick

Misanthrope 09-11-2013 10:41 AM

I just read this in Game Informer this morning! I'm excited, but I'll be out of town when this starts up, and I bet the hotel internet sucks too badly to play. <sad face> Oh well, I shouldn't have done everything in single player by then, so maybe I can catch up a few weeks later.

Havok_Jro 09-11-2013 12:24 PM

#selfies

Kodo 09-11-2013 02:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I read the GI article and posted on the main page about this:
http://www.gtagaming.com/v/news/2257

jwrebholz 09-11-2013 02:59 PM

They've been working on this for over a dozen years?!
Dang. They're not fooling around, are they?

phreak 09-11-2013 04:39 PM

This is too amazing. It's looks like to me that GTA Online could be its own game if it wanted to. And with a monthly fee to play. Thankfully we're getting it for free with the purchase of the already incredible GTA 5.

j_harvill 09-11-2013 05:00 PM

Fucking amazing shit!
The thought of being able to play in vice again is awesome. Especially with a crew or friends.

Pignoah 09-11-2013 09:05 PM

is this only for current gen?

if so i dont buy it

it just doesnt make sense

dokujitsu 09-11-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pignoah (Post 2302639)

if so i dont buy it

As of right now, yes it is only on 360 and PS3. We all know it'll be out on PC down the road. For One And PS4, nothing has been announced yet.

j_harvill 09-11-2013 10:07 PM

It's going to be amazing that makes sense.

Xan 09-12-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pignoah (Post 2302639)

if so i dont buy it

Mission coding doesn't take that much space when you have all the basic functions built. Cutscenes are played ingame, so animations, possible textures and sound assets, etcetc.

And since it's going to be available after the game is released, I bet a good sized download to harddrive is in order.

Pignoah 09-12-2013 11:18 AM

yeah i mean it sounds awesome its just hard to imagine all this long term investment in one of the last games on this current gen.

jwrebholz 09-12-2013 12:52 PM

Apparently they plan for this game to have a long shelf life. I'd imagine a next-gen port is in the cards.

Algonquin 09-12-2013 01:01 PM

I think there's no doubt, perhaps in time for Christmas 2014 if not the summer of 2015, that we'll have a next gen port. Most Likely it will be a "GOTY" edition with whatever DLC that's to come included.