GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Preorders and midnight releases (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142786)

oppar 09-11-2013 06:21 AM

Preorders and midnight releases

For those who have preordered, any status update? I have ordered from shopto and amazon. Shopto have taken the money from my account and are in the middle of processing. Amazon have done nothing at all but I have heard that they're shipping on Saturday.

What about you guys? Anybody going to any midnight releases?

Avis 09-11-2013 06:46 AM

I plan on going to the midnight release at Futureshop. they are giving out money clips and posters.

phreak 09-11-2013 09:17 AM

Going to the midnight launch with a buddy. Only other game I did this with was GTA IV but it wasn't so bad. This game deserves staying up all hours of the night to play.

eli 09-11-2013 09:22 AM

I'm going to a midnight launch at mediamarkt. Pre-ordered it there a great while ago. I was the first to do so at that particular shop.

Sty13s 09-11-2013 09:34 AM

Ordered via Amazon.

Debated going to a midnight launch but i work mornings so it would of been a waste of time. It should be sitting on my porch when i get off :)

gta4crazy1 09-11-2013 10:10 AM

going to the midnight release at gamestop. pretty excited to get the collector's edition!

Misanthrope 09-11-2013 10:37 AM

not sure whether the Gamestop in my town is doing a midnight launch, but if they do, I'll definitely be there with bells on.
and clothes, also clothes...

Lukeyy19 09-11-2013 12:24 PM

Pre-ordered the Special Edition, and going to a midnight launch with a friend, first one i've been to, should be good.

ska 09-11-2013 12:41 PM

Midnight release at Grainger here

dokujitsu 09-11-2013 06:19 PM

In regards to Amazon preorders (specifically the special edition), I found this in the discussions:

Quote:

S. Nasar says:
amazon replied this to my email:

Hello,

I've checked the product detail page on Amazon.com, and it looks like "Grand Theft Auto V (Special Edition)" is not currently eligible for Release-Date Delivery.

However, "Grand Theft Auto V (Special Edition)" is scheduled for release on September 17, 2013. It's possible that this item will become eligible for Release-Date Delivery as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory. We'll automatically upgrade your order to this shipping option.

When your order is shipped, we'll send you an e-mail confirmation. We don't charge you for items until they enter the shipping process.

You can find more information about Release-Date Delivery on our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help/releasedatedelivery

I hope this information helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Jags Kiran
I really want to get the special edition from Amazon because I have Prime. Do you guys know if Gamestop ships for free and if you get in on release day? Thanks!

UPDATE: GameStop claims the Special Editions are sold out for preorder. Bummer.

j_harvill 09-11-2013 06:22 PM

Midnight release at gamestop.
There are 3 in my town and the one that I preordered with is merging with another which pisses me off. Possibly have to wait longer now motherfuckers.

J.Orlando 09-11-2013 06:42 PM

Best Buy -- no midnight for me -- but on the 17th.

I'm doubtless in the minority here, but I just happen to like Best Buy. I've bought several computers and peripherals from Best Buy stores over the years. Since I'm a nightshift worker, I'll probably be working on Monday so I won't get to be there. But on Tuesday -- I'll feel like it's Christmas in September....

Oh, and the reason why I bought it there is that I need the console too. Every other store where I live has the same thing at the same price, so it was kind of a no-brainer for me.

Algonquin 09-11-2013 06:45 PM

best buy in my city just doesn't know shit about games,

I preordered ACIII from them, supposed to come in a steelbook case if you preorder. I get there and they hand me a regular copy, a little bit of discussion later and they tell me that they had the steelbook ones, and just put them on the shelf and sold them....

So I'm sticking with Gamestop who at least knows their shit.

bboychibi 09-11-2013 08:26 PM

I wasn't even going to reserve it but there was a gamestop right next the the place I did laundry. They didn't say anything about a dlc but the sign outside says theirs is an Atomic Blimp. I really don't see the point in reserving a game, especially for dumb dlc incentives. Back when I was a kid in the VC and SA days we HAD to reserve a copy because the store really might only get like 100 copies. That was before reserving or pre ordering was so widespread. These days the games are everywhere, so there's really no point.

dokujitsu 09-11-2013 09:47 PM

I talked to Amazon about the Special Edition version for pre order. They are expecting to get them in before the 17th.

I think it comes down to an inventory count kind of thing. If you guys are interested you can sign up to get an email notification when they get them in and put them up for pre order.