GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Details on GTA V Special and Collector's Editions (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142639)

rappo 08-26-2013 09:54 AM

Details on GTA V Special and Collector's Editions

For those that are shelling out the extra cash for GTA V's Special and Collector's Editions or are still undecided on which version to buy, Rockstar has today released some more details and screenshots on exactly what extra digital content you will be getting:

<b>Weapons</b>
.50 Caliber Pistol and Bullpup Shotgun always stocked at Ammu-Nation

<b>Outfits, Tattoos, etc</b>
You'll receive 20% off (of in-game money) on these purchases along with one outfit, one article of clothing, special haircut, facial hair look, and tattoo for each character.

<b>GTA Online Special Characters (Collector's Edition Only)</b>
You'll get to use Niko Bellic, Claude, and Misty as "parent options" when customizing your multiplayer character.

<b>Special Ability Boost</b>
Your characters' special abilities will generate 25% faster.

<b>Stunt Plane Trials</b>
Air challenges that let you compete with friends.

<b>Vehicles and Garages (Collector's Edition Only)</b>
CarbonRS sports bike (pictured above), a 1930's style hotrod named Hotknife, and an electric car for GTA Online called Khamelion (pictured below).

For even more details, please visit the Rockstar Newswire.

eli 08-26-2013 10:05 AM

It isn't exactly saying you can play as Niko, Claude and Misty. I think it's saying that you can use them as your parents so you inherit some of their genes?

rappo 08-26-2013 10:08 AM

I really misunderstood that description... I have no idea what the hell that means :P

iKlipse 08-26-2013 10:25 AM

It means they cant be modified im pretty sure. I was expecting all the previous protags, its a bit of a shame that tommy vercetti isnt available. Hes probably the most popular protag of all, tbh

ZCAB 08-26-2013 10:28 AM

You already have Michael, who IS Tommy Vercetti. And Franklin is obviously CJ.

j_harvill 08-26-2013 10:58 AM

Haha very similar.

Stu 08-26-2013 01:45 PM

I think it means that there's a number of pre-set models for multiplayer characters that are based on those characters, and that's the default, but you can alter individual details so they're customised to your liking.

phreak 08-26-2013 02:03 PM

The collectors edition is the only way to go. Yeah, it's expensive but...this is GTA 5, probably going to be the greatest game of the generation and possibly of all time. It's worth making sure you're not missing ANYTHING, so pay up.

j_harvill 08-26-2013 02:05 PM

Damn straight got it on both consoles.

ZCAB 08-26-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j_harvill (Post 2300956)
Haha very similar.

Not really. Don't you remember all the idiots who came here after the first trailer and thought Michael was Tommy, and Franklin was CJ?

j_harvill 08-26-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZCAB (Post 2300972)
Not really. Don't you remember all the idiots who came here after the first trailer and thought Michael was Tommy, and Franklin was CJ?

It was a joke.

Himuro 08-26-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZCAB (Post 2300954)
You already have Michael, who IS Tommy Vercetti. And Franklin is obviously CJ.

I disagree. I can see why people think that, but it'd still be nice to have CJ and Tommy in multiplayer just like how they looked in the ps2 era games so we can see how they look with gtav's engine.

TGF 08-26-2013 03:45 PM

Oh dear...

It is cool to have a more in-depth look at what is included. Still thinking about getting a CE, or at the least a SE of it for 360, even though I already have my CE reserved for PS3.

I guess you could look at Michael as a spiritual modern Tommy. The age difference would be off a decade or so though.

Calling Franklin CJ though is literally retarded, as well as Tommy, Michael.

Even though Z's post was a blatant and obvious jest. If anyone actually did take it serious, u gut trikt :^).

Legham 08-26-2013 06:26 PM

Ehh, nothing of interest there. The car's kinda cool, but there'll be plenty of other good cars.

Himuro 08-26-2013 09:04 PM

None of this has convinced me to pay for more expensive versions.