GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Multiplayer Info Soon (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141356)

Lukeyy19 05-18-2013 09:49 AM

Multiplayer Info Soon

Yesterday Rockstar posted an article about crews on their Newswire, the first line was interesting.

Quote:

We haven't detailed the features of Grand Theft Auto V's online mode as yet (stay tuned for first info soon)
Then today they updated the GTA V website with an Info section which had this to say about multiplayer.

Quote:

...a brand new and ambitious approach to open world multiplayer.
Seems like they may have something unexpected planned and we'll be finding out about it soon.

Any ideas?

Bfett21 05-18-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 (Post 2294581)
Yesterday Rockstar posted an article about crews on their Newswire, the first line was interesting.

Then today they updated the GTA V website with an Info section which had this to say about multiplayer.

Seems like they may have something unexpected planned and we'll be finding out about it soon.

Any ideas?

possibly more deeper online than rdr, which was a million times better than gta4

Jimmy_86 05-19-2013 04:07 PM

In RDR, having the open world as the lobby was a genius move. Plus there was stuff to do even if you didn't start a match, like the gang hideouts. Could be similar stuff in V.

victim 05-19-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 (Post 2294639)
In RDR, having the open world as the lobby was a genius move. Plus there was stuff to do even if you didn't start a match, like the gang hideouts. Could be similar stuff in V.

It seems likely... In one of those newer previews, they said there was a fourth player slot (alongside Trevor, Michael and Franklin) for your multiplayer avatar. Apparently all you have to do to jump into online free-roam is press down on your D-Pad.

element3215 05-22-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 (Post 2294639)

No Kidding. I'm Never A Multiplayer Guy But I Spent Hours Playing RDR's Just In The Lobby.
I Like Games As A Relaxation Tool Most OF The Time. For Me It Was The Perfect BalanceOf Fun/Messing Around/. If I Remrmber Right There Would Always Be That One Guy ThaT Would Try Shooting Everything In Sight. Pretty Funny Actually. if they can do this in GTA 5 that be awesome. in 4 I would only place death match and the races. Lol

victim 05-23-2013 11:21 PM

At 12:20, he mentions they have a multiplayer preview show next week. It could just be speculation, like a lot of things on the channel, but the fact that he mentioned the word "preview" has me at least a little curious.

jwrebholz 05-27-2013 01:42 PM

Failing all else, I'd be willing to bet the MP info will all come out at or around E3 in a week or so.

mattsaint 06-04-2013 02:55 AM

Was interesting to hear Rockstar say the multiplayer will change the face of multiplayer games, like how single player did with GTA 3.

j_harvill 06-04-2013 10:54 AM

Any improvement over gta 4 would be nice. It was good but they have come so far since then.

Maybe a three leaf clover heist with friends. Like bomb da base from gta 3 was a mp
feature on gta 4.