GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games Chat (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   Bioshock Infinite (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139955)

Nite 03-24-2013 02:09 PM

Bioshock Infinite

game is available for pre load now on steam, its 14.9GB

can't wait to play it this coming tuesday.

Piggus 03-25-2013 10:06 PM

You should be able to unlock it now via VPN. No need to wait until tomorrow.

Nite 03-26-2013 12:21 AM

Yea I was just playing some of it, it actually unlocked at 9PM for me on the 25th

good game so far from what I've seen of it, it doesn't have that open map feel like bioshock 1 and 2 had though, its all linear.

mattt 03-26-2013 04:17 PM

first one was as linear as you could get
cant comment on the second since i never bothered to play it

Piggus 03-26-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nite (Post 2290822)
Yea I was just playing some of it, it actually unlocked at 9PM for me on the 25th

good game so far from what I've seen of it, it doesn't have that open map feel like bioshock 1 and 2 had though, its all linear.

Thank god. I hated the "open" feel of the first games. It felt like running around in a maze.

Pignoah 04-20-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattt (Post 2290869)
first one was as linear as you could get

Well, no it isnt. At all.

Its open world really isnt it, because you get levels to play around in that, once you finish, you cant go back to. I dunno what linear games youve played. Super mario bros? Thats a linear game. A cod campaign? Thats linear.

Anyway this game was brilliant and really fun to discuss, unfortunately once you start discussing it, it starts to unravel really poorly.

Still the intro and ending was fantastic and the way levine played on 'themes' was very clever.

mattt 04-20-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pignoah (Post 2292827)
Well, no it isnt. At all.

Its open world really isnt it, because you get levels to play around in that, once you finish, you cant go back to.

Well if that aint contradicting i don't know what is. You should probably go a read up on what an open world game actually is.

Which is weird considering you're on this site and are familiar with gta games and you still dont know what an open world game is? There's something wrong in your head.

Pignoah 04-20-2013 03:38 PM

Where is the contradiction?

Its definitely not linear, you have areas to explore. There is a lot of backtracking, but you still progress through levels. Its closer to open world than it is linear. Because in linear there is only one direction and in bioshock you can take several. I didnt men to say it was 'open world' as such.

But the 'you couldnt get much linear' line is just not true because well, play most games, they have less freedom.

For instance you can go and get the incinerate plasmid first to melt the ice to finish the level, or you can go and get the telekinesis plasmid.

chocolade 04-23-2013 03:24 AM

I just finished it and I have to admit - I'm pretty impressed! It has amazing climate!