GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   All Cities in One Game? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136297)

jackmap 12-14-2012 08:21 PM

All Cities in One Game?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...es-in-one-game

Oh Dear God... :facepalm:

Edit: Sorry if this is the wrong section... :(

John JJ 12-14-2012 10:24 PM

Why is this a bad thing? It could be great if done right and Rockstar usually does everything right.

JiggyTurtle 12-15-2012 03:10 AM

Yeah, I'm also failing to see the bad in this. Not gonna see it happen any time in the next five years though.

Xan 12-15-2012 05:15 AM

I assume they could work on HD universe maps like Los Santos and then use those assets in the final product so to speak with all the maps combined. Assuming they ever released Vice City in RAGE, can't see it honestly.

Because making sure to bring all the different cities of GTA in one game, without making one area too lifeless and copy paste streets over and over (ie. bring it to the quality level of GTAIV's city and V's - no regressions) is going to be a really big project. They will have Los Santos done with thanks to V, GTA3's Liberty City is also done by IV. All that might be left is Vice City and since they wanted a unified Los Angeles type deal for V instead of working with different cities we probably won't be needing San Fierro or Las Venturas.

By the time they get serious Xbox will no longer be living in a DVD world hopefully, and I hope they at least reconsider allowing mandatory installs. Cheap hdd's, why the fuck not?

jackmap 12-15-2012 08:25 PM

It isn't bad I'm just wondering if it's even possible, I agree that this would be cool :D

thenotsogoodtrickster 12-15-2012 09:59 PM

Your use of emoticons seemed to suggest that a) you were angry, and b) were facepalming at this idea. Maybe a better use of emoticons in future would better help members understand your true opinion on the subject at hand.

jackmap 12-16-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster (Post 2281365)
Your use of emoticons seemed to suggest that a) you were angry, and b) were facepalming at this idea. Maybe a better use of emoticons in future would better help members understand your true opinion on the subject at hand.

You are right I didn't even know i hit the angry emotion - stupid me :facepalm:

EDIT: Yet I still wonder...Is this even possible with our current technology? :/

thenotsogoodtrickster 12-16-2012 09:12 PM

Depends to what extent I suppose, if there was a loading screen between cities it could fit onto a few discs and sync together with the install to HDD function... Maybe.

I think we're probably a console or two away from it being a seamless transition between cities though.

masteratt 12-19-2012 03:47 AM

Too big, too boring, too tedious comes to mind.

Depends what transportations and stuff we have I guess but despite loving it, surely everyone sighed at least a couple of times in GTAIV when you saw the mission marker was at the other end of the map (or somewhere far).

It could work with multiple playable characters though, if that is a mechanic Rockstar decides to keep around. One guy in each city maybe?

Nite 12-19-2012 04:26 PM

This reminds me of the mod that was used to Combine GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas in 1 game, but it was unsuccessful, the game engine couldn't handle it.

NYCMedic 12-28-2012 08:19 PM

While I think it would be awesome... I can see where it would be very cumbersome.... But would be cool to be in LA then be able to go back to Liberty City. :)

killahmatic 12-31-2012 01:26 PM

I hope they do. I'm sure the next generation of consoles could handle it.

And maybe they can then move on to new cities. I personally want Chicago and I know many people want London.

mrdie 02-07-2013 02:58 AM

A more realistic, short-term implementation would be to do like in GTA:SA when one mission had you going to that Italian mob restaurant from GTA3, and this concept could be expanded.

For instance, you could travel to Vice City as part of a chain of missions which restrict you to the large harbor area or something. Throw in a few side missions and two basic radio stations (news/public access, and a College radio station that plays various songs of different ganres) and it becomes an interesting side-step from whatever city the rest of the game takes place in.

optik 02-16-2013 03:09 PM

I think having all the cities in one game would be awesome. Definitely not possible with the current engines / hardware, but maybe the next gen consoles could handle it. The only problem I have is what masteratt said: it's big and tedious. A fast travel system would be a must, like in SA with the airports.

誠 Makoto 03-09-2013 10:59 PM

I think that would be totally awesome to put all the cities in from all the GTA games. Because I know I haven't played all the GTA games so I think that would be a good idea.