GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Police Interaction (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135165)

JonnyReLLo 11-11-2012 11:09 PM

Police Interaction

From what I've read, the police interaction in this new Grand Theft Auto is going to be much more in-depth compared to previous games.
What are you loving GTA gamers hoping to see in ways of interaction with the police?
Being pulled over and asked for identification, fiving you the option to give ID or shoot the cop, would love to see a wanted system in place where your ID can make the cop aware of crimes you're wanted for.
I"m just looking to dream of the new features to our beloved game franchise.

Showstopper 26 11-12-2012 12:23 AM

Good question and it'll be interesting to see where Rockstar goes with it. I personally have no qualms with the current setup, but i'm open to some new ideas and changes.

masteratt 11-12-2012 05:13 AM

My only qualm with the current setup is when you are escaping, just as your are about to get out of the hot zone, a freakin' cop car spawns at the next intersection.

I would love it if you can switch cars to lose cops and stuff like that. More evasive action possibilities basically in general is what I want. Not just "drive away" or Pay N Spray.

Also maybe have to hide out of sight if you've got bloody clothes/car. But that might get annoying.

GTAV fan 11-12-2012 07:30 AM

It would be great if you could choose what to say to a cop to either trick them to let you off the hook or to piss them off even more! Also being able to hide behind an unsuspecting cop's back even when you're wanted would be fun, same as how being able to use stealth killings and throat slitting on cops even when you have a wanted level would be.

jwrebholz 11-12-2012 10:40 AM

I liked the wanted system in Driver: Parallel Lines. If all the cops see is your car, they're chasing the car. Ditch the wheels out of sight and the cops aren't after you anymore. If they see you get out, or they see YOU doing something they're after you.

gta4crazy1 11-12-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwrebholz (Post 2277456)
I liked the wanted system in Driver: Parallel Lines. If all the cops see is your car, they're chasing the car. Ditch the wheels out of sight and the cops aren't after you anymore. If they see you get out, or they see YOU doing something they're after you.

I would definitely like something like this implemented. The one thing i really hope they NEVER implement is the speed limit thing back in the old driver games

sharp_nt6 12-27-2012 03:05 PM

Sounds like they are going to use a warrant system, Police dogs and that type of thing. AI drivers that actually are programmed to drive without hidding absolutley everything would be nice though...

element3215 12-27-2012 10:55 PM

I wouldn't mind a pay your way out of a ticket as long as it's one star. (think midnight club la).
It'd be nice to have the option.

Russ 12-28-2012 05:39 AM

It would be nice to have a one star wanted level that doesn't automatically have the cops shooting at you.

PzKpfw VI 12-28-2012 07:35 AM

What I think they might do, or at least what I'm hoping for is just a more refined system from GTA IV. Dogs would be a great addition, and with them it would make much sense to able to sneak around cops since dogs would be there to sniff you out. Imagine running around the ghetto with cops trying to block you from somewhere while the dogs are after your tail. Sweeeet.

Runner 500 06-16-2013 08:46 AM

I hope the wanted level system in GTA V is realistic and professional like in Drive PL and Mafia II

jwrebholz 06-28-2013 12:44 AM

I really don't want to have to worry about being busted for minor traffic violations. I don't want to go everywhere driving like a little old lady.

richm0nkey 07-02-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masteratt (Post 2277429)
My only qualm with the current setup is when you are escaping, just as your are about to get out of the hot zone, a freakin' cop car spawns at the next intersection.

As annoying as this is it is the realistic way to do things. I have noticed though it is 98% of the time they will dispatch one right at the next intersection. Possibly make it more like 70 or 60 % of the time? Or even have the car spawn one or two intersections away from the closest one to you to make it seem like it actually got dispatched and is still enroute allowing enough time for you to turn at another alley/intersection?\

darkdevilx 08-30-2013 04:51 AM

i hope there will be things like running through a red light will alert the cops, driving in the wrong direction also, speeding etc, with sometimes a police car stopping you just for a routine check, like the police cars we saw in gta iv on the freeway they stopped some people with a car and standing behind there car with there trunk open just to check if theres nothing illegal. there are lots of possibilitys they just need to make sure they pick the right ones that are the most fun, and bring more realism to the game but is should not become annoying as for instance if theres a cop around every corner it would not be possible to race through the city without having police on you tail the whole time.