GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   How long for GI digital subscription? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135145)

atdray 11-08-2012 06:17 PM

How long for GI digital subscription?

When I got home from work today, my ass went to Game Informer's site, thinking that I could simply purchase and download December's issue on its own. Don't know why I had that in my head, but apparently you can't. So I opted for a digital subscription through the site. Well, it redirected me to GameStop's website to purchase the digital subscription. So, fine. I bought it.

Well, I went back to GameInformer's site, thinking I now had instant access to the magazine, but after I login and try to view the magazine, I get an error. The emails match up on GI and GameStop. I don't know what gives. Do I have to wait for somebody to activate my subscription? If so, that kind of blows. I've been dying to read the full story as it was intended to be read. I don't want to read any scans people have posted; they're all wacked and out of order. And I've checked both site's FAQs and searched a bit and couldn't find an answer or solution, and couldn't get a hold of anybody through customer service.

Just wondering if anybody here that has a digital subscription can help or provide an answer. Apologies if this was covered elsewhere on this site.

rappo 11-08-2012 06:25 PM

It took me about 48 hours to get access when I first subscribed

atdray 11-08-2012 06:39 PM

:facepalm: Fuck! Well thanks, man. I shall impatiently wait.

kb24sd 11-08-2012 06:43 PM

Just google it and you can find a HD scan of the whole preview in PDF format to download.

TairyGreene 11-08-2012 07:58 PM

Where would one go to get a physical copy of GameInformer?

Lukeyy19 11-08-2012 08:13 PM

A magazine shop in the USA in about a week or two, or you can order it (for a lot of money) from their website and have it shipped anywhere in the world.

TairyGreene 11-08-2012 08:17 PM

Wow that sucks. I stupidly assumed i could just go to a newstand and find it. welp. guess i'll be looking at the out of order scans.

jwrebholz 11-08-2012 09:37 PM

You can go to any Gamestop and pick up a copy of the print edition for something like 4-5 bucks.

Lukeyy19 11-08-2012 09:49 PM

Not until next friday you can't, and only in the US.

masteratt 11-09-2012 05:37 PM

Bah, same here. Thought it would be instant access so I registered late. Me and my no-pre-planning. Now I gotta wait.

I know there are free PDFs around but (1) just not the same and (2) If someone does something you like, support it. I did read the summary on your guy's V site and I've got mixed feeling.

Excited to read the full 18 pages. Maybe it'll cross out some of my worries.

masteratt 11-12-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atdray (Post 2277112)
When I got home from work today, my ass went to Game Informer's site, thinking that I could simply purchase and download December's issue on its own.

Just found out you can through the iPad app.

UK priced, 3 per issue. I didn't know that was possible so I paid the 13 or so to get 12 freakin' issues when I mainly just wanted V cover. :facepalm:

Oh well. Thought I'll give a heads up and it's not too bad, they seem a good magazine so don't mind the 12 issues I guess.

victim 11-12-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masteratt (Post 2277437)
Oh well. Thought I'll give a heads up and it's not too bad, they seem a good magazine so don't mind the 12 issues I guess.

You may get lucky and they'll have another more in-depth preview closer to release (IV had two). They'll also review the game, so that's another thing.