GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games Chat (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   L.A. Noire $5 (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133691)

Thomas B. 07-15-2012 02:45 AM

L.A. Noire $5

LA Noire is only $5 on Steam today! Anyone feeling generous? :P

Zero 07-15-2012 03:45 AM

Even if I was gifted this game I wouldn't play it.

Killerfist 07-15-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 2258178)
Even if I was gifted this game I wouldn't play it.

It's not THAT bad , or is the port to pc just really awful? I played it on xbox and it was a pretty decent game (I'm glad though that I borrowed it instead of buying it myself, not nearly worth the 60bucks it was in store).

Xan 07-15-2012 08:00 AM

nah it's just the fact that you can "NO WHY ARE YOU FUCKING LYING TO ME? I KNOW YOU KILLER THOSE GIRLS YOU FUCKING WACKO" WHAAT I KILLED NOBODY!

Oh sorry, I just.. Sorry.

And meh, it's a movie with very very limited gameplay potential.

Killerfist 07-15-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan (Post 2258201)
nah it's just the fact that you can "NO WHY ARE YOU FUCKING LYING TO ME? I KNOW YOU KILLER THOSE GIRLS YOU FUCKING WACKO" WHAAT I KILLED NOBODY!

Oh sorry, I just.. Sorry.

And meh, it's a movie with very very limited gameplay potential.

Hahahah yeah okay true, but it was kinda funny (the accussing of lying and then pretending nothing happened if you're wrong)

Legham 07-15-2012 10:37 AM

I'm gonna have to check this shit out on my desktop in the morning before work.. The steam website's telling me that it's normally only $15 which can't be true for Aussies.. I would be surprised if they charged us any less than $45.

Killerfist 07-15-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legham (Post 2258225)
I'm gonna have to check this shit out on my desktop in the morning before work.. The steam website's telling me that it's normally only $15 which can't be true for Aussies.. I would be surprised if they charged us any less than $45.

It's 30,- here (in retail store) which would be about $37

That's pretty ridiculous, I'm going to buy more games from steam from now on

Legham 07-15-2012 02:10 PM

Yeah, i wasn't talking about retail, I meant on steam. They charge different amounts for people depending on where they're from..

Killerfist 07-15-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legham (Post 2258278)
Yeah, i wasn't talking about retail, I meant on steam. They charge different amounts for people depending on where they're from..

Wierd, but you can cheat that system right? Having someone from the US buy it for you (and send it as a gift) and just giving him the money he paid for it.

Or do they have something for that?

Xan 07-15-2012 02:26 PM

Yeah that really sucks. I always found it funny as fuck that for example an American has to pay 60$ for a game and a European has to pay 60€ and a Australian has to pay 60$-)#/$)/

It looks nice and priced the same, but there is a huge fucking difference in currency value. Take note this doesn't happen on every game, but happens often enough not to be classified as a rarity..

Killerfist 07-15-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan (Post 2258291)
Yeah that really sucks. I always found it funny as fuck that for example an American has to pay 60$ for a game and a European has to pay 60€ and a Australian has to pay 60$-)#/$)/

It looks nice and priced the same, but there is a huge fucking difference in currency value. Take note this doesn't happen on every game, but happens often enough not to be classified as a rarity..

For Europe, it's the Euro that fucked us (atleast it did for Holland) the trade in value was 1euro for 2,20f ('gulden' ) but it soon became 1=1

It is indeed a huge difference, we're basically paying 10euro's/12dollars more for a game then our American friends. Although games are often 55€ , depending on the store but I guess that's the same for the US

Zero 07-15-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfist666 (Post 2258198)
It's not THAT bad , or is the port to pc just really awful? I played it on xbox and it was a pretty decent game (I'm glad though that I borrowed it instead of buying it myself, not nearly worth the 60bucks it was in store).

My own personal reasons to boycott.

Like why did they bring that interactive movie to PC and not Red Dead Redemption? Out of all the games Rockstar has ported to PC; why are they so against RDR?

Killerfist 07-15-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero (Post 2258302)
My own personal reasons to boycott.

Like why did they bring that interactive movie to PC and not Red Dead Redemption? Out of all the games Rockstar has ported to PC; why are they so against RDR?

Very good point indeed, they did plan it right? If I remember correctly they cancelled it .. god knows why

Xan 07-15-2012 04:06 PM

I would play the fuck out of RDR if it came to PC, I'd even get the DLC or were those expansion they had?

Zero 07-15-2012 04:48 PM

As would I. I'd gladly repurchase the game and all the DLC, be it separate or GOTY. The mods. Ugh! Think of the mods! I'd totally put up with GFWL if that's what it came to. Should start a petition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfist666 (Post 2258306)
Very good point indeed, they did plan it right? If I remember correctly they cancelled it .. god knows why

Who knows, man. It was a really bad decision not to. I saw almost ZERO demand for L.A. Noire for PC and yet they brought it over. And within the first month it was at a lowered price. Maybe they're still working on it? Who knows. I'd like to think they are.