GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Games Chat (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=241)
-   -   New "The Last of Us" Trailer (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132729)

Piggus 05-16-2012 04:27 PM

New "The Last of Us" Trailer

Looks pretty awesome. I'm sure Naughty Dog will blow people away at E3 like they've done the past few years with the Uncharted games. The trailer is all in-game graphics, but it will be cool to see live gameplay.

oppar 05-16-2012 04:40 PM

I have high expectations for this game.

Piggus 05-16-2012 09:34 PM

Same... It's being directed by the same person who directed Uncharted 2, and so far the impressions from people who have seen gameplay have been REALLY positive. I just hope it comes out this year.

Legham 05-17-2012 01:29 AM

Sorta waiting to see gameplay. So far the trailers have shown more about graphics and story. If it's action like Uncharted with a different story, i'll be happy.

And if it's not, i trust Naughty Dog to provide something im happy with anyway.

Japisee 05-17-2012 01:51 AM

blatantly obvious now that the first trailer wasn't in game even though they said it was

Piggus 05-17-2012 02:05 AM

How so? I don't remember the first trailer looking any different. Just looks like the Uncharted engine tbh.

Legham 05-17-2012 02:14 AM

It would be kinda mindblowingly stupid if they didn't use their uncharted engine for this :P

Piggus 05-17-2012 03:17 AM

True. The Uncharted engine is basically the "Sony" engine at this point because it uses a lot of technology shared between all of the first party studios. The motion blur tech for example was shared by the Killzone devs I think.

Pignoah 05-20-2012 04:21 PM

These guys are big Juno fans I guess.

Jay 05-20-2012 04:41 PM

PS3 exclusive, will never play

good song tho

Piggus 05-20-2012 05:10 PM

Your loss. :p I thought you had a PS3 though. PS3 + PC = perfect combination imo. As much as I love PC gaming, I can't imagine not being able to play Uncharted, Journey, etc.

victim 05-21-2012 01:47 AM

This trailer looks good and if it's anything close to the perfection that Uncharted 2 was this is a must buy for me. I recall reading an article (probably on IGN) about how brutal this game is -- as in it doesn't have any of the witty one-liners delivered perfectly by Nolan North, rather opting to be a dark journey.

Slightly off-topic, there were a few moments in Max Payne 3 that seemed as though Rockstar drew some gameplay inspiration from Naughty Dog (why mess with what works?) and I thought to myself, "This game is a gritty version of Uncharted." Though that was only true in part.

This may be hypocritical of everything I just said but I don't want this game to be just another Uncharted game with a different, darker setting. I don't want another duck/cover shooter with the occasional jumping around and climbing over buildings and ruins. Has there been any word on how Naughty Dog are mixing up the gameplay elements?

Ash_735 05-21-2012 02:23 AM

Last thing I read gameplay related would be that it focuses on teamwork in hunting and gathering and getting in and out of situations, clearing paths, etc, I also read that guns are near impossible to find, most combat would be close range, melee weapons or traps, etc.

oppar 05-21-2012 02:45 PM

I imagine it's going to be a lot like I am Alive, except with less climbing.

Piggus 09-06-2012 03:39 AM

Sorry for such a big bump, but the extended version of the E3 demo was revealed today. This is what was shown to press behind closed doors. It demonstrates that you can approach the scene in a totally different way and the AI reacts accordingly. Pretty amazing stuff I must say. This basically shuts up anyone who thought it was all scripted.