GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV Mods (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=318)
-   -   GTA IV v1.7 Moddable? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131346)

BlueAssault 01-27-2012 05:41 AM

GTA IV v1.7 Moddable?

Hey guys, I really need your help!

Ive been playing this game a couple of years now, and I love every little bit of it!

But what I never, ever experienced before is modded cars. Ive tried, alot actually, never worked.

Ive reinstalled many many times and tried, no work.

Now im on v.1.7 and tried to install iCE Enchanter mod, and I intsalled Xlive.dll, filelist & ScriptHook.dll

I guess..that makes my game moddable, I had a problem with saved games, I coulden't find them, had this before, had given up, but I found it now, and I though screw iCE Enchanted mod, ill just mod my cars, so I started downloading about 10-15 cars..yea, really 10-15 different car mods, did everything trough SparkIV with handling.dat, carcols and vehichles.dat whatever, still doesn't work! I don't know what Im doing wrong. IS v 1.7 moddable!?!

Im using w7 & Retail version ( Not Steam! )

Excuse my bad english!

edit: Yes I am starting with Launch GTA IV

Killerfist 01-27-2012 04:10 PM

Maybe you forget to save each time .. just try this

- open up spark IV, navigate to pc/models/cdimages/vehicles (.dat I believe?)
- Open up the image, import the downloaded vehicle (usually a .wft AND a .wtd)
- Press save
- Exit Spark IV

I'd suggest using some mod for spawning vehicles, 'simple native trainer' is the easiest to use program that can do pretty much everything.

Oh patch 1.0.7.0. is perfectly moddable yes, I use it also

j0wnz 01-27-2012 04:58 PM

1.0.7.0 Is peferctly moddable but from what I hear its hard to get most of the script stuff to work on 1.0.7.0 so I just mod the Vehicles and tune the ENB. as far as your issues just take more time into reading things as i found its always EASY to mess up your game then to have an enjoyable one =D so read through things carefully and see from what others experience with certain mods working or not and what version they modded it to work with.

Good Luck and Happy Modding

BlueAssault 01-28-2012 03:52 AM

Well thats good news actually, that 1.7 IS moddable. Killerfist, after each replacement of cars, I "Rebuild" and "save" just to be sure.

Really annoying because of all the handling, vehicles & carcols editing..I hate that, and still the car mods doesn't work..that pretty much sucks.
But what shall I do to make v 1.7 moddable from the scratch? I mean should I use xliveless or something? Thanks guys!

Edit: I may try the trainer just to be 100 % correct.

Edit2: http://www.gta4-mods.com/tools/gta-i...ler-v12-f11235

Is that something I may use? If it doesn't work with that application, I may miss some files to make my GTA moddable?

Well my game wont start after testing the trainer, I have removed all the files, and even replaced those who were replaced, and still it wont launch, damn trainer!

Killerfist 01-28-2012 12:49 PM

Well I don't think you should hit the rebuild button, I don't know exactly what it does but maybe that button makes you're previous action undone. Try doing it without the rebuild button and only the save button. Also I suggested the car trainer because modded cars are less likely to appear in traffic so it could be the case that they are in the game but you just didn't see them in traffic. Did you see the cars you modded in default form (indicating that indeed the car mods don't work?)

If you really can't figure it out .. just send me a zip file with all the car mods you want (upload it on mediafire or something and give me the link via PM). I'll put them in for you and return the vehicles file to u.. all u have to do with that is replace the orginal.

If you'd like it this way, make sure you delete the file immediatly after recieving the updated file from me, wouldn't want to piss off any carmodders for hosting their files.

*Edit* nevermind the pm, email me at killerfist666@hotmail.com I don't think you have PM rights just yet

j0wnz 01-28-2012 01:00 PM

Also another simple reminder is to start the game from the beginning because when you use a saved file from a previous game it will tend to crash GTA IV or also its known to crash cuz you have cars saved near your safe houses, make sure of this after you have installed your mod to use a new game file or a game file without the cars on any safe house parking lots.

I used my previous saved just fine.. altho I had to remove the cars on the lots and save it again without anycars and mine loaded fine.

BlueAssault 01-29-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfist666 (Post 2238054)
Well I don't think you should hit the rebuild button, I don't know exactly what it does but maybe that button makes you're previous action undone. Try doing it without the rebuild button and only the save button. Also I suggested the car trainer because modded cars are less likely to appear in traffic so it could be the case that they are in the game but you just didn't see them in traffic. Did you see the cars you modded in default form (indicating that indeed the car mods don't work?)

If you really can't figure it out .. just send me a zip file with all the car mods you want (upload it on mediafire or something and give me the link via PM). I'll put them in for you and return the vehicles file to u.. all u have to do with that is replace the orginal.

If you'd like it this way, make sure you delete the file immediatly after recieving the updated file from me, wouldn't want to piss off any carmodders for hosting their files.

*Edit* nevermind the pm, email me at killerfist666@hotmail.com I don't think you have PM rights just yet

Ill have to try to just save without rebuild! Good point!

I also thought of that that the cars won't appear in traffic, but thats not the case, ive seen some of my "modded" cars i replaced appear in traffic, but with the old original skin. I even sat in them to see the name of them , and it was the modded car. That sounds great my friend! Appreciate you trying to help me! Btw the trainer diden't work, the game diden't start, but I replaced the dsound.dll, or deleted it, not sure, but it works now!

Ill try the "save" feauture instead of rebuild Thanks!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0wnz (Post 2238057)
Also another simple reminder is to start the game from the beginning because when you use a saved file from a previous game it will tend to crash GTA IV or also its known to crash cuz you have cars saved near your safe houses, make sure of this after you have installed your mod to use a new game file or a game file without the cars on any safe house parking lots.

I used my previous saved just fine.. altho I had to remove the cars on the lots and save it again without anycars and mine loaded fine.

I really don't want to start from the beginning, that just blows cus Ive made alot of missions. But I may try to remove all my cars from my parking slot! thanks! :)

Guys I just tried the "Save" thingy, and I my Comet on my parking slot was an Alpha Romeo (One of my mods) Damn I got thrilled! started cruising around the city and looking for more, did not find..haha! Hopefully all my mods work! Ill try download a few more and hope Ill spot them!! :)

j0wnz 01-29-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueAssault (Post 2238252)
I really don't want to start from the beginning, that just blows cus Ive made alot of missions. But I may try to remove all my cars from my parking slot! thanks! :)

Guys I just tried the "Save" thingy, and I my Comet on my parking slot was an Alpha Romeo (One of my mods) Damn I got thrilled! started cruising around the city and looking for more, did not find..haha! Hopefully all my mods work! Ill try download a few more and hope Ill spot them!! :)

Dont go too crazy its always good to enjoy day by day the mods as there is tons out there and look through tho mods rather then just to download a random one.
Glad to hear your making some progress.
And Your Welcome ;D

Killerfist 01-29-2012 03:13 PM

I'm guessing the rebuild button made your previous actions undone .. that must've been the issue. Well good that it works now.. if you want simple native trainer working just make sure you have the right patch and the right version of dsound.dll and scripthook.dll

BlueAssault 01-30-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0wnz (Post 2238264)
Dont go too crazy its always good to enjoy day by day the mods as there is tons out there and look through tho mods rather then just to download a random one.
Glad to hear your making some progress.
And Your Welcome ;D

Indeed my friend. I only pick cars I like, and I think would fit in :)

Appreciate your help! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfist666 (Post 2238298)
I'm guessing the rebuild button made your previous actions undone .. that must've been the issue. Well good that it works now.. if you want simple native trainer working just make sure you have the right patch and the right version of dsound.dll and scripthook.dll

Indeed it did, stupid button! (:facepalm:)

Thanks for the tip on dsound & scripthook, might be the issue, but I don't think I will be trying the Native trainer agian anytime soon!

Appreciate your help as well!!

j0wnz 01-30-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueAssault (Post 2238437)
Indeed my friend. I only pick cars I like, and I think would fit in :)

Appreciate your help! :)

Indeed it did, stupid button! (:facepalm:)

Thanks for the tip on dsound & scripthook, might be the issue, but I don't think I will be trying the Native trainer agian anytime soon!

Appreciate your help as well!!

Yea with that issue resolved with the rebuild then save button I remember reading in someone tutorial to edit - swap files - rebuild - then save. This was wrong, when i found another tutorial It was just edit -swap files- then just save. That guys faulty tutorial was still being followed i guess
but glad its been corrected and resolved Happy gaming! :cool: