GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Hidden package speculation - how realism can be fun (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130587)

phexitol 12-05-2011 08:11 PM

Hidden package speculation - how realism can be fun

I came up with this yesterday, and obviously don't work for Rockstar so I'm probably way off, but what if the hidden packages in GTA V are a series of disposable cellphones randomly scattered about the map, which, when found and answered, give you a challenge that then unlocks a reward? This would be more realistic than any of the previous hidden package types, and also much more fun.

For example: you find the first one sitting on a workbench in an empty lot (they'd obviously have a unique ringtone that you'd hear when close by), so you walk over and press the action button to interact (pick it up and answer). Disguised voice on the other end says "Congratulations, this is your lucky day, if you got the balls for it. I need stuff done, and I reward those who help me handsomely. There's a guy over in <neighborhood> who has been causing my associates some discomfort. Go and cause him a lot of discomfort. His picture is attached". The protagonist then puts the cellphone in his pocket, and you go where the guy should be and beat him up. Shortly thereafter, a van pulls up and tosses a duffel bag out close to you, containing money or a powerful/unique weapon, weapon upgrade, or keys to a vehicle. You then dispose of the cellphone after collecting your reward.

Like I said, pure speculation, but tell me that wouldn't be a lot of fun, while still being significantly more realistic than any of the previous hidden package types. Imagine a 100 or more such phones scattered around the map :)

Lukeyy19 12-05-2011 08:44 PM

its a nice idea, but it seems perhaps overly complicated just for the "hidden packages" perhaps this could be a set of side missions not related to the hidden packages or incorporated into an idea that would also make them more worth while to collect but mean there can still be a lot of them without giving too much away in rewards.

As this place is going to be huge, the story behind my idea could be that the gangs in Los Santo use drop points for their product, be it money, drugs weapons or what-have you, so you come across random duffel bags scattered across the city, some contain cash, a weapon, ammo, drugs, or maybe to mix it up just a little bit a few bags could incorporate ideas like yours wherein a few of the bags contain a phone, which could provide a small mission, maybe some have a code for a locked door or something which you have to find to get the reward, or a key to a safety deposit box.

but the fun part is, about half of them are just dumped empty bags that have already been collected, and so you never know what you will get, this way it means there is still a lot of hidden packages, but rewards are not as common but can be bigger, meaning you shouldn't be able to gain huge amounts of cash and such from them ruining the basic story, but the rewards you can get are sizeable enough to make you want to find them, unlike pigeons.

Slim Trashman 12-05-2011 08:48 PM

I think this sounds really cool actually and very well could be down Rockstar's alley for all we know. I love how this concept gives more significance to the idea of collecting hidden packages, adds replay value for sure.

Ash_735 12-06-2011 06:58 AM

I'd like to see something like the Arkham Asylum/City approach, where you'll be able to see the Hidden Package, but can't get to it, so you'll have a little puzzle like having to shoot down some scaffolding or burn down a load of crates to get to them.

Classified 12-06-2011 03:48 PM

That is a great idea and I would really like to see it happen because I think it would be a lot of fun.

dokujitsu 12-08-2011 07:32 PM

This is an awesome idea. I also 2nd Ash's take.