GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto IV Mods (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=318)
-   -   Arrest Warrant testing (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130528)

AngryAmoeba 11-30-2011 01:05 AM

Arrest Warrant testing

I've been working for a while now on version 1.0 of my Arrest Warrant mod. Like Minecraft's Adventure Update, you might call this the Vehicle Update. I've added a bunch of stuff related to vehicles! :D And also several non-vehicle things.

The script has grown so large and complex that I'd like to do some closed testing before release — I say "closed", but basically anyone who asks can test the new version.

Two rules:
- You need PM rights (i.e. 10 posts or more), or some other way I can send you the download.
- You should provide bug reports and/or other feedback.

Big thanks to anyone who volunteers!

Here's an abridged list of changes in the update:
- Police can identify vehicles.
- Police can tail vehicles (poorly).
- Stolen vehicles are often reported.
- Traffic felonies alert police.
- When investigating cops lose you, they randomly guess which way you went.
- Improved detection of jumping, bumping people.
- Improved alert indicator flashing.
- More cop speech.
- You have to meet a contact to pay bribes.
- Police radio sounds disabled.
- Lower chance of being identified at night and/or in rain.
- More INI settings.
- Bug fixes, tweaks, etc.

Killerfist 12-17-2011 11:44 AM

Haven't tried out your previous version, but I'm definitely interested after hearing the possibilities. Count me in, pm me or you can also email me at killerfist666@hotmail.com

*edit* just found out that I don't have PM rights (how do you obtain those anyway?) so u can email me If u are still looking for volunteers

rappo 12-17-2011 11:56 AM

@Killerfist666 you have PM rights now

gwizzzy 12-21-2011 04:09 AM

Hello! I would love to be a part of the beta testing! I love the other version of this mod and hope I can help! Thanks! PS I'm not sure is I have PM rights but I can give you my email.

Killerfist 12-21-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rappo (Post 2227793)
@Killerfist666 you have PM rights now

AngryAmoeba 12-23-2011 12:34 AM

Oops, I could've sworn I subscribed to this thread, but I guess not. :facepalm:

Killerfist, I've PMed you the download. gwizzzy, to earn PM rights, you need at least 10 posts. Or your e-mail address is fine.

gwizzzy 12-23-2011 10:20 AM

Oh okay! I don't think i have PM rights just yet as I'm fairly new but my email is gwizzzy@yahoo.co.uk (that is 3 Z's by the way)

AngryAmoeba 12-23-2011 03:04 PM

E-mailed the update. :)

P.S. I am subscribed to this thread, yet I didn't get a notification for the last reply. Hmmm...

AngryAmoeba 02-11-2013 07:22 PM

I've been really busy for the past several months, but finally I have an Arrest Warrant update ready for testing. Anyone who's interested, please download and let me know if anything breaks or weird shit happens.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zt...t_v1.1_PR6.zip

Changes in v1.1 Prerelease 6

- Your notoriety rating is shown as big stars in the top-right.
. . . . When you've been IDed in a chase, the stars and an eye icon both flash blue.
. . . . During High Alert, the stars and countdown timer both flash red.
. . . . Your vehicle wanted level is shown as stars above the radar.

- Tweaked police behavior:
. . . . Weapons are confiscated when you die in a chase (new INI setting, see below).
. . . . Searching cops stop spawning for 15 sec every time your wanted level rises (new INI settings). To compensate, High Alert always activates when you escape.
. . . . They call for backup when your wanted level rises.
. . . . When investigating, they just follow and don't interrogate unless fully alerted.
. . . . Investigating cops threaten you when they're nearby.
. . . . Alert level starts draining if you haven't alerted them in a while, unless fully alerted (new INI setting).
. . . . Alert level starts rising after they've investigated for 120 seconds, so you have to lose them (new INI setting).
. . . . Alert indicator flashes whenever alert level rises, not just when it reaches a new peak.
. . . . After a cop has investigated, his alert level won't drain below 20 (new INI setting).
. . . . They're alerted when they see a nearby cop running after you (new INI setting).
. . . . They're less easily alerted when you're in cover (new INI setting).
. . . . They're less easily alerted when you run during High Alert.
. . . . They're less easily alerted during High Alert if your notoriety rating is less than the previous wanted level.
. . . . High Alert is cancelled if you save, die, or go to Pay 'n' Spray (due to time passed).
. . . . They're no longer alerted when you bump into criminals.
. . . . They're no longer alerted faster when you face them, unless you have 3+ notoriety stars.
. . . . Driving away from investigating cops only alerts them if they're at red alert.
. . . . If you drive fast nearby, they notice traffic crimes they can't see (except heavy car damage).
. . . . They're not alerted by heavy car damage if you're barely moving.
. . . . If your siren is on, traffic crimes are allowed (except hitting peds).
. . . . They're less likely to spot your gun/explosive, except when you're aiming (new INI settings).
. . . . They run slower when investigating (new INI settings).
. . . . When investigating cops lose you, they guess your location multiple times within a wider radius (new INI setting).
. . . . They no longer always run to the nearest sidewalk before giving up investigations.
. . . . Investigating cops in cars don't get out to interrogate until they reach red alert.
. . . . FBI and NOOSE pay less attention to you when your warrant/High Alert level is low.
. . . . Cops pay less attention to you when you wear the LSD uniform.
. . . . Chance of looking at player is based on peak alert level instead of current level.

- Added INI settings:
. . . . Settings related to stars (in the HUD section).
. . . . OverallAlertMultiplier_FBI, NOOSE: changes how much FBI and NOOSE notice you.
. . . . OverallAlertMultiplier_LSD: changes how much cops notice you when you wear the LSD uniform.
. . . . Weight_Night, Weight_Rain, and other weights that decrease the effect of certain alerts.
. . . . DispatchDelay_Seconds: how long cops won't spawn after your wanted level rises.
. . . . DispatchDelay_OnlyAtChaseStart: enable to make cops spawn normally after the first delay.
. . . . OnChaseDeath_ConfiscateWeapons: self-explanatory.
. . . . OnChaseDeath_HighAlert: triggers High Alert when you die in a chase.
. . . . OnChaseDeath_AddCrimes: adds your crimes to your warrant when you die in a chase.
. . . . FindLostPlayerGuesses: how many times investigating cops guess your location before giving up.
. . . . InvestigatingCopsAlwaysOnMap: shows indicators on map, ignoring line of sight (disabled by default).
. . . . SpotChancePerSec_LargeGun, etc.: chance of guns/explosive being spotted.
. . . . InventoryLargeGunAlert, etc.: alert amounts for unequipped weapons in your inventory (default 0).
. . . . RunningAlertMultiplier: changes how much running alerts cops.
. . . . SeeCopRunAlert: alert for seeing running cop = this setting * difference between cops' alert levels.
. . . . StarsToRecognizeVehicle: how many stars your vehicle needs to alert cops on sight.
. . . . MinAlertAfterInvestigation: Minimum alert level of cops who have investigated.
. . . . Investigation_WalkSpeed, etc.: multipliers for movement speed of investigating cops.
. . . . Investigation_YellowAlertRange, RedAlertRange: How close investigating cops follow you.
. . . . Investigation_WatchSeconds: How long cops watch you before alert level starts draining.
. . . . Investigation_PatienceSeconds: Cumulative time investigating before alert level starts rising.
. . . . ShowMsg_DispatchCountdown: shows seconds until searching cops can spawn.

- Tweaked existing INI settings:
. . . . Split "ALERT MODIFIERS" section into "weighted" and "unweighted" sections.
. . . . Replaced "NeedHighNotorietyToRecognize" with "StarsToRecognizeFace". Default is 3.
. . . . Replaced "OverallAlertModifier" setting with separate settings for each notoriety rating.
. . . . Changed "modifier" settings to multipliers so they're easier to use.
. . . . Increased default "TrackingRange_OnFoot" from 200 to 250.
. . . . Increased default "TrackingRange_InCar" from 250 to 300.
. . . . Increased default "KnifeAlert" from 15 to 20.
. . . . Decreased default "VehicleID_MinSecs" from 6 to 5.
. . . . Renamed "ClearWarrant_OnArrest" to "OnArrest_ClearWarrant".
. . . . Renamed "ClearWarrant_OnChaseDeath" to "OnChaseDeath_ClearWarrant".
. . . . Renamed "ShowWarrantRatingKey" to "ShowStarsKey".
. . . . Renamed "ModifierKey" to "ModToggleModifierKey".
. . . . Renamed "MESSAGES" section to "HUD".
. . . . Removed "GunsAreIllegal" (you can just set the gun/explosive spot chances to zero).
. . . . Removed "EnableInvestigations" setting.

- Fixed bugs:
. . . . You were IDed when resuming a chase from High Alert, even if you weren't IDed in the last chase.
. . . . Police told you to pull over while you were on foot.
. . . . Cops sometimes didn't face you while interrogating.
. . . . Cops sometimes didn't wander after giving up an investigation.
. . . . Cops driving vehicles didn't stop to wait for other cops to get in.
. . . . Script crash when the game deleted a cop right after he spotted your weapon.
. . . . Weapon alert INI settings didn't have any effect.
. . . . Wanted vehicle notification was still shown when disabled in the INI.
. . . . ID messages were still shown when disabled in the INI.
. . . . "Vehicle IDed" message didn't show if the car was already wanted when IDed for a new crime.
. . . . More than the MaxTrackedCops could be tracked sometimes.
. . . . The mod only started tracking new cops within TrackingRange_CopInCar, even if TrackingRange_CopOnFoot was bigger.

- Police radio dispatch sounds are enabled when you're in an emergency vehicle.
- The "vehicle identified" message says whether it's for a past crime or new one.
- Bribe text is broken into multiple lines, and the amount of lost notoriety is shown after bribing.
- Added "reloadini" console command.
- Added "togglestats" console command to show various stats for the nearest tracked cop.
- Significant code restructure.

https://sites.google.com/site/seijid...hicleStars.png

https://sites.google.com/site/seijid...rrantStars.png

AngryAmoeba 02-24-2013 05:17 AM

Just updated my last post with v1.1 Prerelease 3! Please report any bugs you find!