GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Music thread (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130227)

phexitol 11-07-2011 04:48 AM

Music thread
 
This thread is for either music you want to see in GTA V, or music you think will be in it.

* Deftones - please and thank you.

* Health

* The Mars Volta

* Jane's Addiction

* Red Hot Chili Peppers

* Silversun Pickups

* SUUNS

* Mickey Avalon

* Far East Movement

* Remy Ma

Jimmy_86 11-07-2011 06:52 AM

Once we get some info (beyond the Small Faces track from the trailer) I hope to see Ash's customary Soundtrack thread.

Speculation wise, I expect we'll get a nice dose of west cost rap & hip hop. I'd almost be willing to put money (if I had any) on the fact that there will be at least one Phil Collins or Genesis track.

Russ 11-07-2011 07:24 AM

It would be nice to get an updated MasterSounds FM. Maybe with some jazz fusion like in IV as well.

Ash_735 11-07-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 (Post 2221429)
Once we get some info (beyond the Small Faces track from the trailer) I hope to see Ash's customary Soundtrack thread.

This will be happening at some point! :P Right now since it's based in Modern Times I'm actually doing some research into modern Radio Stations currently broadcasting in L.A. to see if I can give myself a better idea of what Rockstar might pick out and aim for.

ibaphomet 11-07-2011 11:40 AM

Tyler the creator, he is from LA after all.

Lukeyy19 11-07-2011 12:45 PM

i hope they have a broader range of music, San Andreas had a LOT of hip hop and rap, a bit of rock, and metal, some folk, and not much of anything else, and considering i don't like rap, hip-hop, and folk, there wash't much to listen to other than Killing in The Name.

stanko 11-07-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 (Post 2221511)
i hope they have a broader range of music, San Andreas had a LOT of hip hop and rap, a bit of rock, and metal, some folk, and not much of anything else, and considering i don't like rap, hip-hop, and folk, there wash't much to listen to other than Killing in The Name.

Faith no More, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N' Roses, CCR, Joe Cocker, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Depeche Mode, David Bowie, Billy Idol...San Andreas has phenomenal rock & metal soundtrack.

Lukeyy19 11-07-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanko (Post 2221529)
Faith no More, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns N' Roses, CCR, Joe Cocker, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Depeche Mode, David Bowie, Billy Idol...San Andreas has phenomenal rock & metal soundtrack.

i haven't played SA in probably 4 years, so granted i'd forgotten about that, but the point about there being not much of anything else, still stands.

stanko 11-07-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 (Post 2221533)
i haven't played SA in probably 4 years, so granted i'd forgotten about that, but the point about there being not much of anything else, still stands.

Master Sounds (funk, soul), K-Jah West (dub, reggae), Bounce FM (funk, R&B)...

JCMercenary 11-07-2011 02:50 PM

I just hope they have a station with Progressive rock or at least Classic rock.
I have yet to hear any Pink Floyd in GTA's soundtrack. :'(

stanko 11-07-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCMercenary (Post 2221544)
I have yet to hear any Pink Floyd in GTA's soundtrack. :'(

...or Led Zeppelin.

TGF 11-07-2011 03:58 PM

...or Def Leppard

and not enough THL needs moar THL

Classified 11-07-2011 05:49 PM

As long as they have a diversity of music I will be happy.

Lukeyy19 11-07-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanko (Post 2221535)
Master Sounds (funk, soul), K-Jah West (dub, reggae), Bounce FM (funk, R&B)...

exactly, all very similar to me.

it's very rare i hear a song in any GTA and think wow this a good song.

perhaps its just my taste in music that's the problem?

stanko 11-08-2011 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 (Post 2221636)
exactly, all very similar to me.

it's very rare i hear a song in any GTA and think wow this a good song.

perhaps its just my taste in music that's the problem?

Yes, I concur that it's a matter of taste..
Personally, San Andreas and Vice City soundtracks are the best ones I've heard in a game.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.