GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   All of San Andreas? (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130136)

ilyathebeast 11-02-2011 08:02 PM

All of San Andreas?

I believe so. The trailer showed a lot of country side. The trailer did not show any other cities thou, but neither did the original GTA:SA trailer. I believe Rockstar is just holding out details, or those parts are not complete yet to show in a perfect trailer form as Rockstar loves to do.

Also Rockstar didn't have planes in GTA:4 as they thought the map was too small and since it was only one city their was no point. Maybe this time planes have somewhere to fly.

gtaperson 11-02-2011 08:31 PM

I think it has been established that it is going to take place in San Andreas.

John JJ 11-02-2011 09:42 PM

I don't exactly see anything pointing to the state. Unless I'm missing something? Just because it says San Andreas doesn't really include them all. But I hope it does.

Akn9s 11-02-2011 10:15 PM

For being only the first trailer, it revealed a lot of hints that point towards the whole San Andreas map being in the game. The huge mountain that looks like Mt. Chilliad and the desert with windmills. I think there's a hint that Las Venturas will appear in GTA V. Look at the screenshot, it shows what looks like a liquor store with gambling symbols that's out in the desert outside of Las Venturas. To me the huge mountain and liquor store in the desert are hints of San Fierro and Las Venturas being in the game. Think about it, from Los Santos when you're on your way to San Fierro what do you see? A big mountain called Mt. Chilliad, or on the way to Las Venturas what do you see on the way there?

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1881/lvinv.png

Johnny-Z 11-02-2011 11:14 PM

I think that GTA V will take place in the whole of San Andreas. Remembering back to the strategy Rockstar used with GTA: San Andreas, the first trailer only showed off Los Santos - I think a similar strategy is being used here in my opinion.

JiggyTurtle 11-03-2011 08:43 AM

"Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California. "

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ouncement.html

gtaperson 11-03-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggyTurtle (Post 2219921)
"Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California. "

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...ouncement.html

Maybe the DLC will be San Fierro and Las Venturas? Does anybody think they would do this?

JiggyTurtle 11-03-2011 09:05 AM

Not for a reasonable price. People hoped that lands would be added in IV, but we know that's not so. R* likes to play in the playground they've already made (IV dlc, RDR dlc, even Chinatown Wars).
Maybe as a singleplayer-only game, but not one that includes multiplayer. Screws with too many elements of the game.

gtaperson 11-03-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggyTurtle (Post 2219928)
Not for a reasonable price. People hoped that lands would be added in IV, but we know that's not so. R* likes to play in the playground they've already made (IV dlc, RDR dlc, even Chinatown Wars).
Maybe as a singleplayer-only game, but not one that includes multiplayer. Screws with too many elements of the game.

I know it might sound like i'm complaining but it just won't feel the same without San Fierro and Las Venturas.

JiggyTurtle 11-03-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtaperson (Post 2219941)
I know it might sound like i'm complaining but it just won't feel the same without San Fierro and Las Venturas.

It's not supposed to be the same.

gtaperson 11-03-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JiggyTurtle (Post 2219954)
It's not supposed to be the same.

It's taking place in Los Santos. Los Santos was accompanied by the two other cities. I feel like if they're going to remake Los Santos it wouldn't feel right since they didn't include the other cities. That is what I meant.

JamesR4494 11-03-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtaperson (Post 2219966)
It's taking place in Los Santos. Los Santos was accompanied by the two other cities. I feel like if they're going to remake Los Santos it wouldn't feel right since they didn't include the other cities. That is what I meant.

Using that philosophy San Andreas not being ONLY San Francisco only (From GTA 1) wouldn't be the same.

When they were going to remake San Andreas from GTA 1 into GTA: San Andreas it should've be in San Francisco only not LA, San Fran, and Las Vegas.

They're making a brand new game, they're not remaking GTA: San Andreas. DEAL WITH IT.

gtaperson 11-03-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesR4494 (Post 2220211)
Using that philosophy San Andreas not being ONLY San Francisco only (From GTA 1) wouldn't be the same.

When they were going to remake San Andreas from GTA 1 into GTA: San Andreas it should've be in San Francisco only not LA, San Fran, and Las Vegas.

They're making a brand new game, they're not remaking GTA: San Andreas. DEAL WITH IT.

Calm down. Holy shit.

Zero 11-03-2011 08:36 PM

He seems calm to me.

And have you read some of the ridiculous speculations going on around here? I wouldn't blame him if he did have an attitude. Some people are incapable of reading anything other than their own posts. So trying to share the correct information with them becomes such a process that you can't help but lose your patience.

JamesR4494 11-03-2011 08:45 PM

^ Right on the spot.

I wouldn't doubt if reading most of these posts has made my blood pressure rise.

Oh and lets not forget! CJ, Niko, and Tommy Vercetti are in GTA V! Because every Black guy is CJ, every old White guy is Tommy Vercetti, and every guy wearing a brown sweater is Niko! Oh and a young Hispanic's voice is definitely the voice of a 60 year old white man!