GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto V Debut Trailer discussion (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130123)

Ash_735 11-02-2011 09:58 AM

Grand Theft Auto V Debut Trailer discussion

This thread is for the discussion of the recently revealed Debut Trailer for Grand Theft Auto V.

#GTAV | #GTA5 | #RockstarGames

Tyler 11-02-2011 09:58 AM

still one minute.... :D

Legham 11-02-2011 10:02 AM

I thought it was vice city and then it was san andreas and then whahahhahat?!

Sooo it seems to be San Andreas with more VC style beachy area in there somewhere.. And back to awesome things like harriers and cropdusters and stuff.

Mjuboy 11-02-2011 10:05 AM

Looks a lot like San Andreas to me at a first glance, but probably not all three islands. Maybe only Los Santos?

bennifer3000 11-02-2011 10:07 AM

Welp it's LA...

I'm fine with that.
Scale looks immense.

Going to rewatch it 30 times...

m_richy66 11-02-2011 10:07 AM

First GTA to have animals such as dogs?? Seen at 0:07

Legham 11-02-2011 10:08 AM

^No, there's the mountain from San Fierro. And the big oil pumping things in the desert were only in Las Venturas.

edit: Ahh, this was pointing to Mjuboy

Also, there might be gyms coming back? There was an outdoor gym with people using the equipment.
Also, golf courses with people actually playing.. might mean it's playable but kinda unlikely.
Properties going up for sale.
Animals.
Fighter Jets/Harriers

Xan 11-02-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjuboy (Post 2219055)
Looks a lot like San Andreas to me at a first glance, but probably not all three islands. Maybe only Los Santos?

I'm sorry, did you miss the mountain over there?

Misanthrope 11-02-2011 10:09 AM

What about that mountain view? At first I was worried that they might not be able to pull off San Andreas yet, but it looks pretty good as of now.

Mjuboy 11-02-2011 10:11 AM

Sorry gents, my bad, I was too excited to notice the details. After watching it again, I stand corrected!

yellow86 11-02-2011 10:11 AM

The mountain looks picture perfect, seems like we'll be getting LA and surroundings.
Is there a hint at two characters here since the voice is of an old man which would be the white male looking at the city and also shown in the car once I think & the 90% shown African-American man in the car and nice clothes walking down the street. The one being chased doesn't seem to be that person either so Rockstar is trying to mess with our heads here :) Who are we playing ?

jwrebholz 11-02-2011 10:11 AM

Definitely Los Santos, no question about it. Looks like some of the surrounding area as well, but probably not all of San Andreas. I'd actually expect a map about the size of Liberty City--not too much bigger.

I see a convertible with a working top. Will that be in-game or is it just part of a cutscene?

The lighting and weather effects look great.

No idea which one of those guys is the main character--if any of them are at all. The storyline--so far--doesn't seem much different from GTA4--man running from a dark past looking to start fresh, gets caught up in the same old same old. Here's hoping they do something interesting with it.

I wonder how many of the vehicles used in GTA4 will return. It seems to be also set in present-day, so I'd wager more than a few. Also it seems airplanes are back. Whether we'll get to pilot them, or if they're just set pieces remains to be seen though.

m_richy66 11-02-2011 10:12 AM

Love the Vinewood sign :)

eli 11-02-2011 10:13 AM

Saw a road-sign with Los Puerta and Little Seoul on it. During the highway scene.

TGF 11-02-2011 10:14 AM

That was motherfucking great. I'm still having trouble putting words together.