GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Grand Theft Auto V (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   GTA5 Could be Released This Year (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126344)

Nite 02-20-2011 09:11 PM

GTA5 Could be Released This Year

Quote:

According to gaming research analyst Michael Patcher during the latest episode of the Bonus Round on GTTV, he predicted that GTA 5 “got a shot to be released this year”. He explained that maybe Rockstar is abandoning Max Payne 3 this year in order to get GTA5 ready for 2011 release.

The game is expected to be announced in the upcoming E3. But will the game get released this year? I highly doubt it. But really, everything could happen. What do you think? Will GTA5 get released this year?
Source

http://www.vgarabia.com/2011/02/21/g...sed-this-year/

lillb 02-20-2011 10:12 PM

I'm sorry but fuck that guy.
I hate Michael Patcher's predictions. He's been saying a Wii HD is coming for years now. I don't recall any of his predictions that were on point.
If it is announced at E3, I doubt it will be out by the end of the year.
We shall see but I'm pretty sure Patcher said this last year too.

Ash_735 02-21-2011 12:57 PM

I used to hate Patcher, but I actually love the guy, he only needs to get about 10% of what he says right, and lucky for him that 10% is obvious stuff. If he wants a couple of extra dollars all he needs to do is throw up a preidction like this out of nowhere, and no matter how daft it is, he'ss get money for it.

lillb 02-21-2011 01:02 PM

I don't hate the man, I'm just tired of his uninformed predictions. I don't take anything he says seriously. I wouldn't mind them announcing the next GTA this year but I wouldn't put this guy's prediction as proof.

iKlipse 02-21-2011 07:55 PM

GTA has never been released the same year it was announced, R* always seem to announce it at a 3/4 mark of the games progress in development. I'm assuming that the map itself is still being touched up, aswell as optimization for a steady frame rate considering they will want to make it bigger and better than IV... I think the most we will get is an announcement and maybe a trailer but that will either be April or further down the track judging by R*s habits. Knowing that R* have sorted out all the physics and GTAs R.A.G.E engine, less time is needed for developement, GTA V's developement would've began just as IV went gold, but even then it was announced that the Rockstar team that made IV were given a break from all development. GTA IV began development as San Andreas was just getting its final touch ups.

Its also a stupid marketing decision to release something as big as GTA the same year of its announcement, Rockstars well known for getting the very last drips out of hype from its fans. They would want a lot more time to show it off and gain as much attention as possible before they even think about giving a release date. Look at all the teaser and trailers before GTA IV... A year before it was released. No 2011 release for GTA V, 2012... Thats more like it.

RollingStones 02-21-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iKlipse (Post 2171329)
GTA has never been released the same year it was announced, R* always seem to announce it at a 3/4 mark of the games progress in development. I'm assuming that the map itself is still being touched up, aswell as optimization for a steady frame rate considering they will want to make it bigger and better than IV... I think the most we will get is an announcement and maybe a trailer but that will either be April or further down the track judging by R*s habits. Knowing that R* have sorted out all the physics and GTAs R.A.G.E engine, less time is needed for developement, GTA V's developement would've began just as IV went gold, but even then it was announced that the Rockstar team that made IV were given a break from all development. GTA IV began development as San Andreas was just getting its final touch ups.

Its also a stupid marketing decision to release something as big as GTA the same year of its announcement, Rockstars well known for getting the very last drips out of hype from its fans. They would want a lot more time to show it off and gain as much attention as possible before they even think about giving a release date. Look at all the teaser and trailers before GTA IV... A year before it was released. No 2011 release for GTA V, 2012... Thats more like it.

GTA has never come out the same year as it was announced? I thought they usually announce in March and release in October. Wasn't that the case with Vice City and San Andreas?

ZCAB 02-22-2011 01:24 AM

We can't prove there won't be a new GTA this year, but there's no reason to assume there will be.

Glanerd 02-24-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iKlipse (Post 2171329)
GTA has never been released the same year it was announced.

This.
I think R* would want to hype the game up for a long time.

Yam Trigger 02-24-2011 11:35 PM

R* have also previously been unorthodox when it comes to GTA, or am I just being too hopeful.

victim 02-25-2011 01:10 AM

Actually, all GTA's bar GTA IV have been released the same year as they were announced. That said, there won't be a new GTA this year, but they are no doubt working on one.

Jaytow 02-25-2011 02:09 PM

Not only do I not see GTA "5" being released this year but I also don't see it ever being announced at E3.

I predict a 2012 release, even if it is an April release similar to IV (which was obviously delayed).

Pale2hall 05-25-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victim (Post 2171906)
Actually, all GTA's bar GTA IV have been released the same year as they were announced. That said, there won't be a new GTA this year, but they are no doubt working on one.

One interesting thing to consider: GTA IV took so much longer because they had to develop/modify a new engine, and build the new GTA on a 2 platforms. Perhaps, now that they are familiar, they can take the route they took with VC, SA, VCS, LCS, and just use the same engine with minor tweaks, and push a game out quicker.

victim 05-25-2011 03:51 AM

Rockstar used to be in the business of releasing major titles in October, their major releases on this generation of consoles have all come around the April-May period. If we get an announcement any time soon, that time period of 2012/2013 will be much more likely than later this year.

matt__jon 05-25-2011 07:52 AM

Rockstar has said that they want to focus on some of their other titles, not have GTA be their main money maker, so I think from here on out (unless they're strapped for cash in the future), we'll be going probably 3 years between GTA's. I know its been that long already, but after V comes out, I think it'll get back into more of a routine, they're just taking a break, hopefully adding tons of stuff that have already been listed thousands of times in the wishlists, so the next GTA will be more of what we had in mind after SA than 4 gave us, although I did love that game