GTAGaming Forums

GTAGaming Forums (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music, Culture and Easter Eggs (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=304)
-   -   GTA MYTHS REVEALED! (http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123464)

mmasonh 06-16-2010 08:06 PM

GTA MYTHS REVEALED!

okay everyone. so here we go.
MYTH 1: Rat Man Myth.
Analysis-
Completely false.Just a dead hobo.

MYTH 2: LOCH NESS MONSTER.
Analysis-
Once again, completely false. People are just trying to be funny... well, i wouldn't even go as far to say it's even funny. Just attention whore-ish.

FINALLY, MYTH 3: Ghost in Sprunk Factory.
Analysis-
Guessed Completely False? YOU'RE RIGHT!
The sounds and mysterious appearing dude is actually a guard from the Honkers strip club across the street.
He hears the gunshots and goes over to beat you up for it... That's it. No ghost, no zombie.

T-Virus 06-16-2010 08:25 PM

You are a tad bit late aren't you?

mmasonh 06-16-2010 08:47 PM

probably. just bringing light to the obvious, to those whom don't yet understand how dumb they look/sound when they talk about seeing rat man or the ghost or whatever.

Thomas B. 06-16-2010 11:22 PM

The Sprunk factory ghost has been confirmed in other places... In fact, I remember encountering it on my own. It just says "please leave". I probably would have missed it had I not had subtitles on.

ZCAB 06-17-2010 01:12 AM

Are you serious? That's just the bouncer at the Honkers club.

mmasonh 06-17-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas B. (Post 2128345)
The Sprunk factory ghost has been confirmed in other places... In fact, I remember encountering it on my own. It just says "please leave". I probably would have missed it had I not had subtitles on.

Yeah dude, like i said, it's a bouncer from the Honker's club across the street.

i wonder what the significance of the sunken ships is..
is there any point?
or any reference to them somewhere else in the game?
i don't recall one..
get back to me.

Kreepman 07-08-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmasonh (Post 2128298)
okay everyone. so here we go.
MYTH 1: Rat Man Myth.
Analysis-
Completely false.Just a dead hobo.

Not even a dead hobo. It's nothing.

Quote:

MYTH 2: LOCH NESS MONSTER.
Analysis-
Once again, completely false. People are just trying to be funny... well, i wouldn't even go as far to say it's even funny. Just attention whore-ish.

Never heard of this one, but regardless, the idea of something alive in the water other than fish and random sea life is pretty out there and wouldn't make sense in a GTA game.

Quote:

FINALLY, MYTH 3: Ghost in Sprunk Factory.
Analysis-
Guessed Completely False? YOU'RE RIGHT!
The sounds and mysterious appearing dude is actually a guard from the Honkers strip club across the street.
He hears the gunshots and goes over to beat you up for it... That's it. No ghost, no zombie.

This one is pretty iffy but rest assured that the "ghost" is in fact the bouncer from the strip club near by. People I guess say it's a ghost because they hear him, but don't see him until much later. He's armed too if I can remember correctly.

FlyingMoose 08-04-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreepman (Post 2132568)
This one is pretty iffy but rest assured that the "ghost" is in fact the bouncer from the strip club near by. People I guess say it's a ghost because they hear him, but don't see him until much later. He's armed too if I can remember correctly.

Yup, he's armed.

Also, is anyone else here really disappointed how there arent any cool myths in GTA IV? In San Andreas, Myths were always fun...

matt__jon 10-07-2010 06:49 AM

It is kinda disapointing, obviously GTA4 took a more realistic approach, but I don't see why they couldn't put that stuff in there anyway. It'd be cool if you were out on a boat and a Cracken appeared, or Loch Ness Monster

fishy617 04-01-2011 12:57 AM

its just the direction GTA has taken and its good i think. if you want over the top and lochness monsters play Saints row 2